X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unicycle6869
    replied
    Originally posted by skrobo
    so ... i'm going down there next july... can we book rides with the owners?
    lol
    I'm bringin my uni for sure though. i'm going to be staying in newport beach. for 11 days
    that would be so sick are there a lot of riders there? is there a club?
    Don't mean to thread jack here but yes you can go on rides with us when you are down in Newport. We'll be more than happy to show you around. There are some riders down here, not a lot (yet that is)! Hopefully we'll have the storefront up and running and in full strenght by then!

We hope to have carbon fiber seats. Basically we hope to sell everything and anything a unicyclist might need or want. Peace.

Leave a comment:

• skrobo
    replied
    so ... i'm going down there next july... can we book rides with the owners?
    lol
    I'm bringin my uni for sure though. i'm going to be staying in newport beach. for 11 days
    that would be so sick are there a lot of riders there? is there a club?

Leave a comment:

• forrestunifreak
    replied
    Originally posted by unicycle6869
    Wow, this thread caught me by surprise because that is exactly what I am in the process of doing! I've been thinking about it for the last couple of months and finally had the guts to quit my full time engineering job a few weeks ago so I can focus on opening up a website and storefront down here in Huntington Beach, CA (Orange County). We probably aren't going to be able to afford a storefront at first due to costs so we'll start with a website and then hopefully open a storefront in the very near future. Our goal right now is to launch before Thanksgiving and I'll start a new thread when we are closer to let everyone know. We hope to have a wide variety of stuff for sale, similar to udc (but better of course! )

Wow.

Can I buy a carbon fiber seatbase from you?

Leave a comment:

• underdog
    replied
    I think it's a great idea. It won't be easy, especially at first. UDC is tough competition but I believe in the whole free enterprise thing. A local store front in any major metropolitan area is bound to increase both interest and participation in any sport. I have high hopes that opening a store in AZ will become a reality. I'll certainly support it. If it's Phoenix, there's currently a population base of about 3 mil people to draw on. Not bad. If Tucson, it's about 1 million. Unicycle6869 ought to do well in the HB area. Southern Cal has huge potential (What? 12 to 14 mil now? More?). Do more than open and run the store. It's a hell of a lot of work but, get super involved in the uni community. Clubs, promos, events, any opportunity for good press results in more interest and ultimately more customers. Good luck to both of you.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    I think every town should have its own unicycle shop and if they don't then UPS should ship unicycles for free.

jim

Leave a comment:

• Harley
    replied
    Originally posted by mscalisi
    The problem with competing with UDC is well....you can't. The only way to have a decent selection of unicycling components is to order them through UDC. Keep in mind that UDC comissions many of their products to be made, meaning they are the only vendor for them.

Not that you can't have a decent unicycle shop, only that to do so, you'll be purchasing from UDC.
    I would agree with this fully. I don't think that your going to be able to obtain KH Unicycles from any other whole sale supplier. I know that you can (or could in the past) obtain Torker Uni's form Seattle Bike if you have a dealers licence. not sure about other manufacturers as I never looked into them.

That being said I wish you all the best in your proposed venture.

Leave a comment:

• onelesscar
    replied
    Originally posted by James_Potter
    Everything UDC has, and then more....
    Although I wouldn't mind if any new stores that sprang up didn't stock old stuff like cottered hubs, Schwinns, etc.

But you could definitely improve on the selection of pedals!

Leave a comment:

• Goats_On_Unicycles
    replied
    Originally posted by James_Potter
    Buuuuuuuuut if there was a West Coast store, it'd be less shipping to pay!!
    Ecksackly!
    Originally posted by zfreak220
    even if it's on the west coast, I might order from there if prices are like bedford's. UDC could use a little competition in the homeland.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• James_Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by mscalisi
    The problem with competing with UDC is well....you can't. The only way to have a decent selection of unicycling components is to order them through UDC. Keep in mind that UDC comissions many of their products to be made, meaning they are the only vendor for them.

Not that you can't have a decent unicycle shop, only that to do so, you'll be purchasing from UDC.
    Ye of little faith!
    Before UDC got started, who did UDC order their components from?

Leave a comment:

• mscalisi
    replied

Originally posted by zfreak220
    even if it's on the west coast, I might order from there if prices are like bedford's. UDC could use a little competition in the homeland.
    Last edited by mscalisi; 2007-09-13, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• schnepf
    replied
    I am hoping to have most of the same stuff generaly that they have but hope to have more. I am hoping to be up and runing in a month or so.
    Finishing up the web site.

Leave a comment:

• zfreak220
    replied

Leave a comment:

• James_Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by schnepf
    That is what I am going for. I got some different brands lined up you all have any sugections on what I should carry.
    Everything UDC has, and then more....

Leave a comment:

• schnepf
    replied
    That is what I am going for. I got some different brands lined up you all have any sugections on what I should carry.

Leave a comment:

• James_Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by Goats_On_Unicycles
    An alternative to UDC would be nice if it had lots of the same stuff.

hehe. UDC is draining my pockets of my hard-earned munny.
    Buuuuuuuuut if there was a West Coast store, it'd be less shipping to pay!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X