Do we need a Unicycle Shop on the west side of the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need a Unicycle Shop on the west side of the US

Hello you all I was wondering if you all think there is a need for a Unicycle shop on the West side of the US I am tired of limited avaliblity and am looking in to opening something. Let me know thanks.

do it
    www.krisholm.com
    www.municycle.ca

http://municycle.ca/teamcanadablog/blog5.php

Comment

the fact that most bike shops can get uni stuff if you ask them to, or quite a few carry stuff in stock, i'm not sure what you hope to accomplish really. shipping from bedford or udc or plenty of other online places isn't too bad.

Comment

Why, are there any shops in the East? UDC has a shop, but that's only useful to people in the greater Atlanta area. It wouldn't have made a difference to me when I lived in NY, but they ship all over.

What kind of shop did you have in mind? If it's a store, please open up in Sacramento.
        John Foss
        www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Wow, this thread caught me by surprise because that is exactly what I am in the process of doing! I've been thinking about it for the last couple of months and finally had the guts to quit my full time engineering job a few weeks ago so I can focus on opening up a website and storefront down here in Huntington Beach, CA (Orange County). We probably aren't going to be able to afford a storefront at first due to costs so we'll start with a website and then hopefully open a storefront in the very near future. Our goal right now is to launch before Thanksgiving and I'll start a new thread when we are closer to let everyone know. We hope to have a wide variety of stuff for sale, similar to udc (but better of course! )

So to answer your questions, YES I do believe the west coast needs a store and heck maybe even two? Where are you located? Maybe we could work together on this? PM me if interested. Also, I see it's your first post so are you a beginner or have you been riding for awhile? Just curious.
          Last edited by unicycle6869; 2007-09-13, 08:32 PM.
          http://www.uniproshow.com

One Love Unicycle Club (Coming to Denver soon...)

Comment

I am a long time rider new to this form.
            I am in Arizona and am hoping to have a store front, Working on that one

Comment

Yeah!! UDC west coast branch!

Comment

Originally posted by James_Potter
                Yeah!! UDC west coast branch!
                Not exactly because it's going to be a brand new store not udc related.
                http://www.uniproshow.com

One Love Unicycle Club (Coming to Denver soon...)

Comment

Originally posted by schnepf
                  Hello you all I was wondering if you all think there is a need for a Unicycle shop on the West side of the US I am tired of limited avaliblity and am looking in to opening something. Let me know thanks.
                  YES!
                  Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                  Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                  -Dani Buron

Website
                  Videos
                  Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by unicycle6869
                    I can focus on opening up a website and storefront down here in Huntington Beach, CA (Orange County).
                    Woohoo!!! That's only like 12 miles from where I go to school!!!
                    Now a self-employed world traveler.

Comment

An alternative to UDC would be nice if it had lots of the same stuff.

hehe. UDC is draining my pockets of my hard-earned munny.
                      Last edited by Goats_On_Unicycles; 2007-09-13, 10:42 PM.
                      If Jackie was a girl, I thinkd id date her.
                      ~Jerrick

If my government ever decides to blow me up, I hope they will choose to do it in a humane way also.

~johnfoss

hinunggbinu!!!

~JJtheunicycle

Comment

Originally posted by Goats_On_Unicycles
                        An alternative to UDC would be nice if it had lots of the same stuff.

hehe. UDC is draining my pockets of my hard-earned munny.
                        Buuuuuuuuut if there was a West Coast store, it'd be less shipping to pay!!

Comment

That is what I am going for. I got some different brands lined up you all have any sugections on what I should carry.

Comment

Originally posted by schnepf
                            That is what I am going for. I got some different brands lined up you all have any sugections on what I should carry.
                            Everything UDC has, and then more....

Comment

even if it's on the west coast, I might order from there if prices are like bedford's. UDC could use a little competition in the homeland.

Comment

Working...
                              X