Post Your Unis Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
    Learning crankflips and freestyle. It's feather light which will make learning them easier since I can jump much higher now.
    I like learning things on heavier equipment, cuz then when you switch to light equipment you feel amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane M View Post
      I like learning things on heavier equipment, cuz then when you switch to light equipment you feel amazing.
      Been there, done that, and I told her she really didn't need to lose the extra weight, haha.

But I'm also quite content with my 19lb+ 36er setup!
      Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-02-10, 02:26 AM.
      Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
      Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
      -Dani Buron

Website
      Videos
      Facebook

Comment

• It does look pretty sexy though. Have you had a chance to ride it yet?

Comment

It does look pretty sexy though. Have you had a chance to ride it yet?
          Yeppers! The response and maneuverability is unbelievable "snappy" and immediate!
          -Dani Buron

Website
          Videos
          Facebook

Comment

• i would change out the pedals if your gonna start doing flips because with metal pedals with pins... not only will your shoes cry but also your shin pads and it makes them much harder.

Also i would take the handle off and use a plastic one because with flips you put a lot of pressure on the handle and it would suck to break the carbon one you have. My friend broke two of them within a few weeks and this was even after Scott made a stronger one for him. Altho i love the feel of the handle, most comfortable handle ever made!
            TEAM FUN

Comment

• Originally posted by JacobSpera View Post
              i would change out the pedals if your gonna start doing flips because with metal pedals with pins... not only will your shoes cry but also your shin pads and it makes them much harder.

Also i would take the handle off and use a plastic one because with flips you put a lot of pressure on the handle and it would suck to break the carbon one you have. My friend broke two of them within a few weeks and this was even after Scott made a stronger one for him. Altho i love the feel of the handle, most comfortable handle ever made!
              Good points!
              -Dani Buron

Website
              Videos
              Facebook

Comment

• It's a little strange feeling when you use a left-handed handle with your right hand though haha

Comment

It's a little strange feeling when you use a left-handed handle with your right hand though haha
                  Are you talking to me?
                  I hold my lift handle with my left hand.
                  -Dani Buron

Website
                  Videos
                  Facebook

Comment

• I am talking to you but I meant when I rode it, it was strange using my right hand, very cool grip though, you said they are not made anymore?

Comment

I am talking to you but I meant when I rode it, it was strange using my right hand, very cool grip though, you said they are not made anymore?
                      It's called a "death grip" and was made by Scott Wallis, but I'm not sure if he still makes them, or any of the cf uni parts. His website seems to indicate that he does. Not cheap but well worth it imo. The only thing that doesn't wear well is the rear bumper, because it's very thin along the top, and can break easily.
                      -Dani Buron

Website
                      Videos
                      Facebook

Comment

It's called a "death grip" and was made by Scott Wallis, but I'm not sure if he still makes them, or any of the cf uni parts. His website seems to indicate that he does. Not cheap but well worth it imo. The only thing that doesn't wear well is the rear bumper, because it's very thin along the top, and can break easily.
                        Oh that's not as much as I thought it would be, seems like a worthwhile investment.

Comment

Oh that's not as much as I thought it would be, seems like a worthwhile investment.
                          Yeah, I spent roughly $250 for my cf saddle base, rear bumper, and death grip. It has served me beyond expectations for almost four years and counting!
                          -Dani Buron

Website
                          Videos
                          Facebook

Comment

• cool thing about this picture is some biker that i dont know took this picture at my school and posted it on facebook and through mutual friends, the picture was linked to me = ]

Comment

My LBS rebuilt my kh trials wheel, because they don't have any 19" street tires to fit it! So we rebuilt the wheel with an "Animal" 20" double walled alum rim (a bit more than 1/2" narrower than the drilled kh trials rim), new 14g black stainless spokes, same kh hub, and a super light, almost slick-like 20x2.1 "burnout" tire, rated at 100psi!

Then I added primo magnesium pedals that are a super light 7.95oz each, and crazy grippy, the lightest isis cranks, and I used my MUni saddle with cf base and extra light thomson seatpost. Total weight of KH uni with 20" wheel build: 9.10 pounds!
                              How long are these cranks? They look endless ......... Definitely too long for freestyle purposes.
                              Marcus | youtube | municycle.com
                              I ride for fun

Comment

• Originally posted by hugo View Post
                                How long are these cranks? They look endless ......... Definitely too long for freestyle purposes.
                                This is from the last page. Last sentence.
                                -Dani Buron

Website
                                Videos
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X