Venice Bike Path - 36 Nirvana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venice Bike Path - 36 Nirvana

Fifty miles of perfect bike path, dead flat, most of it fifty yards from the waves, an endless cavalcade of bikini-clad beauties on roller blades, perfect weather and a vista that runs to the end of the world, for 36er cruising pleasure, the Venice Bike Path is tough to beat. Today, Don and I went for about three hours and I squeezed off a couple shots, posted shortly.

If you're ever in So Cal., borrow a 36er and spin on down to the Venice bike path. If you want to see just how fast you can go, do it here and dive for the sand if all goes wrong.

JL

Photos

I believe John kept the pictures of the bikini clad women to himself so as not to offend anyone on this forum! This place is made for big wheels!

[ATTACH]20069[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20070[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20071[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20072[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice pics you have there seriousslacker. Keep it up.
      I am one weird and unusual Greek Cypriot Australian with a pienormous heart.

Can't wait till this game is finally released.

Comment

u seem to have forgotten to psot the pictures of bikini clad roller bladers

Comment

Looks fantastic. My type of riding. If I ever come to So Cal, I'm bringing my uni.
          Cathy

Comment

That looks like really great fun. I'd sure love to a have a 36er and a place to ride it like that. Nice pics too. It looks like a peaceful place to ride from those shots, I'd have imagined it differently. Let's see a shot that's a little more populated...maybe with some bikini-clad passersby

Today I'm going to do a similar ride. Here in Prague there is a nice bike path that goes along the Vltava river. It was just extended to go from southern Prague down to a small town called Zbraslav. I'm going to try to make it there today.
            "The best actors do not let the wheels show." --Milan Kundera

Comment

Makes me wish I still had my coker! Last year I was riding that path almost every week, from Hermosa Pier to Will Rogers State Beach; about 15 miles roundtrip. I'm thinking about getting another coker, but this time it would have to be an upgrade deal, like airfoil, maybe the new nimbus frame, shorter cranks and a brake.
              Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
              Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
              -Dani Buron

Website
              Videos
              Facebook

Comment

will this be the return of terry big wheel?
                Last edited by zfreak220; 2007-05-20, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zfreak220
                  will this be the return of terry big wheel?
                  Haha, you remember my old username! Nah, I'll stay with Muniaddict, since that's really where my heart is, but I also registered under "Uni Geezer" just so I have that one too.
                  -Dani Buron

Website
                  Videos
                  Facebook

Comment

Hi John...this is Becky...Ricky's friend. Looks like a perfect day out there. I make that ride every once in a while. It would be awesome to run into you guys one day. Or Uni-Geezer. Always feel like the only Coker on the planet. Do you know if there is going to be a Round-up this year?

Happy riding!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beck
                      Hi John...this is Becky...Ricky's friend. Looks like a perfect day out there. I make that ride every once in a while. It would be awesome to run into you guys one day. Or Uni-Geezer. Always feel like the only Coker on the planet. Do you know if there is going to be a Round-up this year?

Happy riding!!
                      Hi Becky, At our Dana Point ride today I met Kevin, who brought his coker, plus and extra! He would like to join John, Don, me and hopefully you and any other coker-ers for a ride along the Beach path Saturday, 6/2/07. Since I sold my coker a while back, he'll let me use his extra. It would be great if we could all make it!
                      Last edited by MuniAddict; 2007-05-21, 04:55 AM.
                      -Dani Buron

Website
                      Videos
                      Facebook

Comment

Terry, I should be good for 6/2 but we'll need a little more info to make sure we knmow when and where to hook up.

Why did you sell your 36er?

JL

Comment

Originally posted by vivalargo
                          Terry, I should be good for 6/2 but we'll need a little more info to make sure we knmow when and where to hook up.

Why did you sell your 36er?

JL
                          After getting into MUni, I lost interest in riding it.
                          -Dani Buron

Website
                          Videos
                          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by seriousslacker
                            I believe John kept the pictures of the bikini clad women to himself so as not to offend anyone on this forum!
                            Wow! That is so not fair!
                            'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Hey guys,

I don't suppose any of you happen to be around on Sunday the 10th June, and fancy a ride?

Just like I'm gonna be in LA for 10 hours, and this is kind of near LAX isn't it?

I'm getting in there at like 12:40 pm, just after midday, and catching a flight out at 22:40/10:40pm*. I think that means I need to be at LAX by about 8pm. Assuming I clear security by like 13:30, that'd give tons of time to go ride, even if the plane is late (NZ006 from Auckland).

I will have a unicycle with me, although it might be easier not to have to unpack it. I was figuring to left luggage my gear and just go to the beach, go swimming, that kind of thing but it'd be awesome to spend that time riding!

Potentially, thinking about it, if anyone was down there with a car, I could bung my bags in it, and get the Schlumpf out of my bag to ride.

I'll be totally jetlagged (12 hour flight), it'll be too hot to ride, but hell, isn't that what it's all about? I'll have the flight afterwards for recovery time. I sometimes think shock treatment is best for jetlag anyway.

Joe
                              old pics new zealand pics new pics
                              Where have I been riding? (GPS)

Comment

Working...
                              X