Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joemarshall
    Hey guys,

I don't suppose any of you happen to be around on Sunday the 10th June, and fancy a ride?

Joe
    I'd be down. I'll PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by MuniAddict
      Hi Becky, At our Dana Point ride today I met Kevin, who brought his coker, plus and extra! He would like to join John, Don, me and hopefully you and any other coker-ers for a ride along the Beach path Saturday, 6/2/07. Since I sold my coker a while back, he'll let me use his extra. It would be great if we could all make it!
      I'm down.

Or we could make it the 10th and have Joe Marshall join us, or both.

Comment

36" Venice/Santa Monica... I usually try to ride every Sunday. I'm up for rides on Sun. or any other day!!

Comment

Awesome, this is right near the airport, so I should be cool to come riding on the 10th, how's that for turning the hassle of a 10 hour changeover into an opportunity!

I'm well excited, last time I was in LA I went to Orange County and to some beach towns there, and they were cool as, be great to ride this stuff too.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna have the Schlumpf with me, so anyone who fancies a bit of geared uni fun, turn up, I can always ride your coker for a bit.

Joe
          old pics new zealand pics new pics
          Where have I been riding? (GPS)

Comment

Don't forget to post your photos of scantily clad rollerblading ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisGuyIKnow
              I'm down.

Or we could make it the 10th and have Joe Marshall join us, or both.
              That's the original date I had suggested, but Kevin has plans with the wife that day, so he thought June 3rd would work for him. If I can procure a coker by the 10th, I'll be there!
              Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
              Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
              -Dani Buron

Website
              Videos
              Facebook

Comment

So for the 2nd, let me know when/where you plan to meet up, and I'll join you guys.

For the 10th
                I'll be picking Joe up at the Airport probably around 1:30. Let me or him know if you'd care to join us and we'll come up with a meeting place.

Comment

Either this Sat. or Sunday we plan to to another 36er ride on the bike path so if anyone had a place they prefer to meet up or a time, say so.

JL

Comment

Originally posted by vivalargo
                    Either this Sat. or Sunday we plan to to another 36er ride on the bike path so if anyone had a place they prefer to meet up or a time, say so.

JL
                    Hmmm, I wonder if I put 137's on my muni if I'd be able to keep up with you guys...unless you're just planning on cruising (hopefully) and not going for all out speed; hope not, then you'd miss all those bikini-clad babes!
                    -Dani Buron

Website
                    Videos
                    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by vivalargo

JL
                      I could go either day. As for a place to meet, preferably somewhere with cheap or free parking. Memorial Day weekend that could be hard though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisGuyIKnow
                        I could go either day. As for a place to meet, preferably somewhere with cheap or free parking. Memorial Day weekend that could be hard though.
                        Anywhere a little inland in the south bay, which is a good place to start; we could cruise all the way to Will Roger's State Beach and back. Plenty of *free* parking less than a mile from the beach in the Redondo/Torrance area.
                        -Dani Buron

Website
                        Videos
                        Facebook

Comment

They'd have to be pretty slow!

tholub has gone on several 36er rides as the solo 29er rider (big apple and 125s) and keeping up was a non-issue...a 24" MUni with 137s on the other hand, I don't think would cut it.

Hmmm, I wonder if I put 137's on my muni if I'd be able to keep up with you guys...unless you're just planning on cruising (hopefully) and not going for all out speed; hope not, then you'd miss all those bikini-clad babes!
                          Last edited by mscalisi; 2007-05-22, 09:44 PM.
                          ><> Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha <><

Comment

Originally posted by mscalisi
                            They'd have to be pretty slow!

tholub has gone on several 36er rides as the solo 29er rider (big apple and 125s) and keeping up was a non-issue...a 24" MUni with 137s on the other hand, I don't think would cut it.
                            Yeah I didn't think so, although even with my standard 165's, I can hit 11 mph or so, but I wouldn't be able to sustain it very long, haha! Again, if everybody just wants to rip it from start to finish, I probably wouldn't go; I like to cruise along and enjoy the sights!
                            -Dani Buron

Website
                            Videos
                            Facebook

Comment

Anywhere a little inland in the south bay, which is a good place to start; we could cruise all the way to Will Roger's State Beach and back. Plenty of *free* parking less than a mile from the beach in the Redondo/Torrance area.
                              I've ridden the South bay path, and the Venice to Santa Monica path, but I've never gone from one to the other. I was under the impression that you had to go streets around the marina, but I really don't know. Is there path between them? What is the total distance from Redondo Beach all the way to Will Rogers Beach?

I do think you'd be a little slow on your 24" though. Even when we were both on Cokers I recall you falling a little behind and I never felt like I was ripping along. Heck you might as well come out and try it though. I did Washington Blvd all the way to Will Rogers on my 24" before I had a coker. Those of us with the extra girth can just take more breaks to look at bikini clad rollerbladers.

Comment

So what are the dates/times/meeting places for the rides?

Comment

Working...
                                X