Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albino_gumby
    I keep forgetting to ask but is it better to learn landing on the cranks or on the pedals for 180 spins? I figured it was better to learn landing on pedals now then having to learn it again when i get up to rolling unispins. I don't know.
    At first, it don't matter. As you said, it should only matter when doing rolling spins but at first it is a very common trick to help with landing, once you get abit better at it you can aim for the pedals.
    One hop is a gift, two hops...now you're just taking the piss!

VoodooUnicycles.com

Comment

For 180's, its really not that hard to land on the pedals... Just think to yourself where the pedals are, and where they'll be after a 180 degree spin. Then you know where to put your feet.

Comment

some more tutes would be good
        also should i start a collective idiots guide to crankflips?
        Quotes from ACA
        "two out of three of our children are directly involved with selling drugs..."
        "50% of all reproductive problems are because of the man..." and from my mum "is titanium strong?"

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!new tutorials!!!!!!!!!!!

smallspin
          the smallspin in a 180 jumptwist with a 180 unispin in the same direction.
          recommended prerequesites:
          180 unispin 1 handed
          180 jumptwist(obviously)

get on your uni seat in. stand up on the pedals and grip the seat like you are going to do a 1 handed unispin. get your centre of balance, jump high and spin hard, land on cranks/pedals. the main problem with learning this trick is simply committing yourself enough to land it. when learning i had little problem spinning and twisting enough i was just scared of landing it. just do it , its easy.

inwardspin
          same as smallspin but uni and body travel in different directions.

recommended prerequesites:
          360 unispin
          180 jumptwist(see above brackets)

i hold the uni as if im going to do a 360 unispin. sif. some might call this something else. if so , go die. now with that cleared up all you have to do is a 360 unispin and cheat a bit. when learning the 360 unispin most people dont spin the whole way and twist slightly so that its easier. eg you are doing , roughly, a 300 unispin and a 60 hop twist to compensate. all you have to do is make that compensation 180 to do the inwardspin. it is however difficult to do a complete 180 sif. i only go 130 or so degrees.

these tricks are self explanatory but this may(..may..) clear some things up.
          Last edited by gabetheunicycleman; 2006-12-12, 07:26 AM.
          Quotes from ACA
          "two out of three of our children are directly involved with selling drugs..."
          "50% of all reproductive problems are because of the man..." and from my mum "is titanium strong?"

Comment

Originally posted by albino_gumby
            I keep forgetting to ask but is it better to learn landing on the cranks or on the pedals for 180 spins? I figured it was better to learn landing on pedals now then having to learn it again when i get up to rolling unispins. I don't know.
            I figured my foot was okay to ride on today (if not a little sore) so i gave uni-spinning another shot and landed that bastard (on pedals). I wouldn't know as i've never landed on cranks before (i've hardly landed on pedals) but i wouldn't think it would be any harder. I was just confused as none of the tuitorials i read described what your feet should be doing for the landing.

Comment

For landing, I guess the only thing you can think about is to either aim for the pedals or just think, bring your feet as far in as possible.
              One hop is a gift, two hops...now you're just taking the piss!

VoodooUnicycles.com

Comment

Working...
              X