$1500 unicycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugman
    You can easily have $1,500. Keep in ming that price is all relative. For a 16 year old, that seems like a lot of money, to a 40 year old, it's an inexpensive toy.
    I wouldn't call it inexpensive, but I know what you're getting at - it's all relative to how much spare money you've got to start with. Certainly a unicycle is far less expensive than an equivalent bike though (but it should be, most of the bits are missing ).
    "Hedgehogs - why can't they just share the hedge?" (Dan Antopolski)

"I would absolutely recommend a 29er to anyone who didn't prefer a larger or small wheel." (Mikefule)

Comment

also, compared to say, a nice car, a top of the line uni is almost dirt cheap.

pdc, I'm going to steal your coker once I figure out where you live
      Last edited by mornish; 2006-07-19, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclenoobie
        man to get any uni over $700 you just got ego problems....
        I take umbrage with this comment not because it betrays ignorance but because it insults others. Insulting others when you don't have enough information seems pretty stupid, but I don't want to say that it IS stupid in this case because I don't have enough information. But a few more posts like that one and I'll feel a bit more confident in my assessment.

On the subject of expensive unis, I have only two ego problems: my Stockton-built Coker deluxe with the Wyganofsky (sp?) extention and the 2nd-generation Schlumpf guni (also with a Wyg. extention). And I'm planning to get another ego problem in a few weeks: That gorgeous yellow muni in the link (or something just like it).
        Dictator for Life,
        NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
        http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ive figured out that in the 10 months ive been riding ive spent (give or take a few pennies) $1456.00 CAD on unicycles...WOW thats alot...For me anyways.

Opps for got new CF base and saddle

New total= $1626.00 CAD
          Last edited by trials_uni; 2006-07-19, 08:38 PM.
          TRIALS 4 LIFE !
          Check Out The Newbie Guide
          And the Spline Maintenance Guide!<UPDATED!!!With Video

Comment

Originally posted by pdc
            This one's pretty close
            that was it that was the one he showed me!. that one is pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by pdc
              This one's pretty close

To mine. I actually have all the parts but your cranks.
              Support my Tour de Cure Ride!
              Go here to Donate!
              Thanks!!!

Comment

Before I saw the uni's on UDC I thought uni's were supposed to be, an average uni, $50-120, but now I see those prices sure are bargains!Anyways, I thought you had to be crazy and/or filthy stinkin' rich to get a uni from UDC.I know one thing for sure: Right now, I'm not considering getting one of those, I'm considering other uni accesories, though.
                What's up with really long signatures?

Comment

Originally posted by cyclenoobie
                  man to get any uni over $700 you just got ego problems....
                  No, it means you got a good job and anyway you're just jealous.
                  Raphael never stopped being my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by bugman
                    If you have a $1,500 unicycle, you shouldn't have any problems. Custom frame, custom wheel, custom seat, Magura Brakes, high end seatpost and seat clamp. You can easily have $1,500. Keep in ming that price is all relative. For a 16 year old, that seems like a lot of money, to a 40 year old, it's an inexpensive toy.
                    WHen I was 15 I invested over $1200 into to my muni, while simultaneously paying 500 dollars on a trails and several hunderd on riding gear. I've spent well over $5000 on unicycling in the past 4 years, and it hasn't made a dent in my meager budget.
                    Rest in pieces.

Comment

I'm probably going to spend about $650 to $1000 on a muni. It pretty much depends on if I decide to have a brake and thomson seatpost/Cf base and handle. I'm 12 though, and have been saving up my money for like 5 years waiting for somehting legitimate to spend it on. Unicycles it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy912912
                        Before I saw the uni's on UDC I thought uni's were supposed to be, an average uni, $50-120, but now I see those prices sure are bargains!Anyways, I thought you had to be crazy and/or filthy stinkin' rich to get a uni from UDC.I know one thing for sure: Right now, I'm not considering getting one of those, I'm considering other uni accesories, though.
                        You can get this Sun 20" for $65, but you get what you pay for.

A good entry level uni like this (red or Blue)Nimbus 20" for $147 would be better.
                        Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What's next?
                        Learn2Ride&doTricks
                        TrialsClasses&Building

Comment

Working...
                        X