convertible bike to Uni Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convertible bike to Uni Idea

I was just thinking of an Idea for a convertable bike to uni where the front forks of the bike are the frame for the uni. it the stearing for the bike would go into where the seatpost should go. when it goes to a uni you take the seat from the bike (witch will be a uni seat) and put it on, and to keep the axel from hitting stuff make it hollow and have the cranks slip into it (pretty much reverse of what it is now)

here is a ROUGH drawing of it: Reed Convertible bike/uni

I know there are probally some huge flaws I over looked so feel free two add your two cents to the Idea

-Reed
    sixsixone
    LBS

it seems like a plausible idea. i dont see any problems with it.

why?
    maker of the happy birthday threads
    _________
    Just put the new uni together in the driveway stopped to move the car and ran over the uni.
    Felt like putting my head under the tire.
    - JustOneWheel

Comment

i don't see how you are going to have the cranks fixed to the hub? if there are no bearings it will wear done fairly quickly. most forks are curved at the bottom where the axel is placed so your weight is not gonna be directly over the wheel so there will be a fair amount of stress on the forks. but other than that it is a nice idea.
      01010100 01101111 01101101 00100000 0101010001110010 01100101 01110110 01101111 01110010

Comment

there are a few flaws with this idea, the seatpost will more than likely NOT fit in the forks, the axle will most likely not fit through the hub of the wheel, and it will be hard to attach
        ><> Unicycle For Christ <><
        MY VIDEOS
        World Record
        94cm Highest Hop (rolling)
        308cm Longest Hop (10 feet)
        210cm Static Flat Gap

Comment

Im thinking of it more as the bike is build around a uni and would change to fit the uni, not the other way around. so it would still have the bearings, ane the head tube would probaly be smaller to fit into the seat post thing
          sixsixone
          LBS

Comment

Are you talking about something like this, The Uniqo "trick" bike?
            It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

"Every silver lining's got a touch of gray."

-Nude & Proud-

Comment

been done, but in a different way

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=574

kinda what you area trying to do but with the uni in back.

Comment

yeah but those things don't have the freewheel part like mine.
                sixsixone
                LBS

Comment

I'm pretty sure you could take your feet off the pedals and it would 'freewheel' just fine...well, about as fine as a penny farthing would, anyway.
                  It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

"Every silver lining's got a touch of gray."

-Nude & Proud-

Comment

Originally posted by Radical Reed
                    where the front forks of the bike are the frame for the uni.
                    i dont know about you guys, but if the forks are actually a unicycle frame, then i doubt there will be any problem with bearings and wearing down, and i can guarantee you that his saddle will fit in the frame.

i know for my bike and unicycle, that, the seatpost for the uni will fit in the forks of the bike and the handlebars of my bike will fit on my uni frame perfectly.
                    _________
                    Just put the new uni together in the driveway stopped to move the car and ran over the uni.
                    - JustOneWheel

Comment

Originally posted by iridemymuni
                      i dont know about you guys, but if the forks are actually a unicycle frame, then i doubt there will be any problem with bearings and wearing down, and i can guarantee you that his saddle will fit in the frame.

i know for my bike and unicycle, that, the seatpost for the uni will fit in the forks of the bike and the handlebars of my bike will fit on my uni frame perfectly.
                      yea but on a bike the axle of the wheel doesn't spin. the hub spins on the bearings around it. if you attach cranks to the axle then the axle will need to spin on the forks and there aren't any bearings there. thats the problem. and there is no guarantee that the seat post will fit in the forks. because seat posts are made in heaps and heaps of different diametres. they can be .2 of a millimetre off and they won't fit in. if it does fit in usually it means it is a coincidence.
                      01010100 01101111 01101101 00100000 0101010001110010 01100101 01110110 01101111 01110010

Comment

Originally posted by tomtrevor
                        yea but on a bike the axle of the wheel doesn't spin. the hub spins on the bearings around it. if you attach cranks to the axle then the axle will need to spin on the forks and there aren't any bearings there. thats the problem. and there is no guarantee that the seat post will fit in the forks. because seat posts are made in heaps and heaps of different diametres. they can be .2 of a millimetre off and they won't fit in. if it does fit in usually it means it is a coincidence.
                        yeah but you would leave the bottom of the forks of the uni frame as they are now, with a unicycle hub in there, and just take the cranks off and whack them on the bike as you need to. it's not rocketscience dumbass.

i can guarantee you his seatpost will fit in the unicycle frame, because when you buy a unicycle they come with the right seatpost to fit.
                        _________
                        - JustOneWheel

Comment

Originally posted by iridemymuni
                          yeah but you would leave the bottom of the forks of the uni frame as they are now, with a unicycle hub in there, and just take the cranks off and whack them on the bike as you need to. it's not rocketscience dumbass.

i can guarantee you his seatpost will fit in the unicycle frame, because when you buy a unicycle they come with the right seatpost to fit.
                          he is converting a bike to a uni, not a uni to a bike, therefore he is not buying a uni at all. there fore the seat is unlikely to fit in the forks. dumbass! its not rocket science.

Comment

actually, i bought a bike a few years ago, and a unicycle a few months ago, and they fit perfectly.

explain that one nasa boy
                            _________
                            - JustOneWheel

Comment

i said it was UNLIKELY to fit. it is still possible for them both to fit. is that enough explaining for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X