X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David_Stone
    replied
    Originally posted by flyer
    That's very cool to hear. I think a lot of it was David Stone's paranoia, since he tends to talk a lot about his GUni
    You are absolutely right on both counts: paranoia and verbosity. But don't forget that my Generation One hub actually diddisengage a few times, which was scary as hell. My new hub has made me feel very safe, and I've taken curbs up and down with no problem...except this clicking noise that I have to ask someone about this summer at NAUCC.

Personally, I think I'm waiting for the price to descend. Got a Dave Stockton on the way instead
    I know you'll love that. Stockton does great work!

PS: See how quiet I can be if I try?

Leave a comment:

• U-Turn
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian MacKenzie
    he's great at yard work and cleaning garages
    That's just a rumor, and is totally untrue, as many rumors are. But maybe if I got to ride one of those little tractor-mower things...

Leave a comment:

• Brian MacKenzie
    replied
    Originally posted by joemarshall

The weak point of the Schlumpf is for sure the frame not the hub, be really careful tightening up all the bolts not to over or under-tighten anything, or else you can get snappy frame joy and six month wait warranty woes.

Joe
    In the last email from him: "Your hub is ready for about two weeks, but we were waiting for an improved part of the new frame"

He didn't mention what the new part was

Leave a comment:

• joemarshall
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian MacKenzie
    This is exciteing news, as I recieve my GUni this week, and I doubt I will be taking a 29r over anything more than I take my square taper Coker off of anyways, ans will still be able to ride as aggresively as I enjoy
    I've ridden mine up/down kerbs, roots etc. same as I would a coker or a square taper muni. It's fine. I don't break cranks or hubs on the muni, so I'm sure I won't do anything to them. Obviously you're risking having to use the hub warranty, which would be a nightmare, but from the sound of it, it's very unlikely to be a problem, and hey, that's why you pay a fortune for a unicycle with a 5 year warranty.

The weak point of the Schlumpf is for sure the frame not the hub, be really careful tightening up all the bolts not to over or under-tighten anything, or else you can get snappy frame joy and six month wait warranty woes.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Brian MacKenzie
    replied
    Originally posted by flyer
    Got a Dave Stockton on the way instead
    You'll be very happy, he's great at yard work and cleaning garages

Leave a comment:

• flyer
    replied
    That's very cool to hear. I think a lot of it was David Stone's paranoia, since he tends to talk a lot about his GUni

Personally, I think I'm waiting for the price to descend. Got a Dave Stockton on the way instead

Leave a comment:

• For those worried about the current Schlumpf strength

Reading a post a while ago about people being scared to take their GUnis off of curbs, I decided to ask Mr. Schlumpf himself. (Not Gilby, Florian)

his reply:

"the gearing system itself is very very robust. It’s the same as the version has, that Kris Holm is testing for half a year now, and works perfect, even with 2m drops and the like.
    The only limitation are the cranks and the axle: the square end axles are not robust enough for high jumps, both the cranks or axle can brake.
    It’s the same limitation, that BMX bikes have: with a square end axle, you’d better not drop too high to avoid broken crankarms/axle.
    "

This is exciteing news, as I recieve my GUni this week, and I doubt I will be taking a 29r over anything more than I take my square taper Coker off of anyways, and will still be able to ride as aggresively as I enjoy
    Last edited by Brian MacKenzie; 2006-05-08, 11:18 AM.
Working...
X