Car Rack for Cokers - Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rack for Cokers - Suggestions?

I'm planning on buying a hitch mount car rack. There are alot of different kinds made for bikes. Does anyone have any brand and model recommendations? I would like to be able to fit 3 cokers on it.
    http://www.texasunicycle.com

I use a Thule ball mounted rack, but as they're Scandinavian they may be expensive in Texas.
    As long as you the tyre/tire clear of the exhaust/tailpipe, any manufacturer should be fine.
    You may get away with buying a 2-bike rack and buy an extra set of rubber fixings for the third Coker, as they're lighter & narrower than bikes. try before you buy, as it might not work! I can fit 4 unis & a bike on my 4-bike rack.
    Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
    www.unicyclemagazine.com
    http://twitter.com/UnicycleMag

Comment

I built this rack from scratch. Trying to make bike racks work for unis seemed like a lot of bother with all the clamps bungees and the like. with this rack the unis hang by the seat post between two padded parallel bars. There is a latch that closes the end and is secured with a wingnut.
      With my Coker I put the rim of the wheel over the bars with the Coker's frame between the tubes of the rack.
      Best thing is that it loads and unloads in just a minute or two.
      Attached Files

Comment

Eric-

What kind of car do you have? I fit 13 unicycles in the backseat of my Mazda Protege when I drove to Minneapolis for NAUCC. Two of them were Cokers. I took the pedals off to get that many in but they did fit. I can see two Cokers in the back seat of a subcompact car with pedals on with little difficulty. Three would be a trick but probably easy with the pedals removed. John Childs has a Subaru Legacy hatchback in which I believe we have put three Cokers with the pedals on. (JC, David Maxfield, and me.) I may be wrong and the pedals came off for that trip. Unicycles are surprisingly easy to get into cars.
        Last edited by harper; 2006-03-20, 02:04 AM.
        -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

I picked up this bike rack and this is how I use it for the uni's
          Attached Files
          24" Torker LX
          29" UDC Trainer
          32" UDC trainer

Comment

Hah! I came over all nostalgic to see someone "still" using the word Coker.

Then I saw it was a revival of a 2006 thread.

I bet there are people in this forum, riding 36ers who weren't born when the thread was started.
            My first novel, Bridge of Otherwhere, Michael Wilkinson, on Kindle. A tale of subtle magic, mystery, friendship and love. Tinyurl.com/Bridge-of-Otherwhere For US$ page: TinyURL.com/OtherwhereBridge

Comment

This thread was dead for 13 years and then it was revived by a spammer. Shortly after that aj1500 responded to it. Then I reported the spammer and Gilby removed their post. That's why the thread looks the way it does. aj1500 didn't revive the thread. Always check the history and last post of a revived antique thread and report spanners to Gilby.
              -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Working...
              X