Tire on KH29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire on KH29

I just got a KH29" and the direction arrow on the Kenda is going counter clockwise. Is this correct? Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, the 'direction' of tires has to do with what way water gets flicked off it. And with the speeds unicycles are generally puttering around at, it's not a big deal which direction you mount your tire. Someone who knows more than me can probably explain in greater detail though.

Comment

useually one way will roll better and the other will have better grip.
      http://willowglenbicycles.com/site/intro.cfm
      Proud owner of posts 37000 and 38000 in MR
      UNBAN BEN_UNRUH

Comment

the arrows should be pointing clock wise. thats the way you will get the most out of your tire
        TRIALS 4 LIFE !
        Check Out The Newbie Guide
        And the Spline Maintenance Guide!<UPDATED!!!With Video

Comment

Originally posted by trials_uni
          the arrows should be pointing clock wise. thats the way you will get the most out of your tire
          It depends on which side you are looking at the tire from.

Newest Video:
          Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!

Comment

ok from the right side it should be clockwise
            TRIALS 4 LIFE !
            Check Out The Newbie Guide
            And the Spline Maintenance Guide!<UPDATED!!!With Video

Comment

Originally posted by oxfordrider
              I just got a KH29" and the direction arrow on the Kenda is going counter clockwise. Is this correct? Thanks.
              The arrow points in the direction of rotation. But for most tires it doesn't matter too much, and some people have reported, with some tires, that mounting the tire "backwards" on their unicycle made it ride better.

Comment

Originally posted by tholub
                The arrow points in the direction of rotation. But for most tires it doesn't matter too much, and some people have reported, with some tires, that mounting the tire "backwards" on their unicycle made it ride better.
                Mounting the tire backwards on my muni made it easier to control, and it seems as though theres less rolling resistance.

Newest Video:
                Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!

Comment

Ride it both ways , simply turn the seat around on the same piece of road and decide for yourself. If it rides better in reverse flip the tire on the rim. Don't ride backwards to much as the pedal will come loose.

Comment

Working...
                  X