Rockville Hills Park ride, 3/11/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockville Hills Park ride, 3/11/06

A group of 10 from Northern California (from Santa Cruz to Roseville) gathered yesterday for a Moab warm-up ride, in Rockville Hills Park in Fairfield. Rockville Hills is a city-owned park with a wide variety of terrain, including some huge rock gardens (there's a whole trail called Rock Gardens), steep technical sections, open sandstone and granite, and simple singletrack. There are lots of oaks and some very pretty manzanita groves.

The park isn't that big, but there's so much stuff to play on that we didn't get to it all, and we were all totally beat after four hours of riding.

There's a day use fee of $2 per person, which is a bit of a bummer, but it's worth the drive and the fee. Outstanding riding, and worthy training for Moab.

Photos and a short video are in my gallery.

Last edited by tholub; 2006-03-12, 05:24 PM.

Day use fee? Was I suppose to pay something at the gate or ?

By the way, that was a fun ride
    Last edited by Daytripper63; 2006-03-12, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, you were supposed to give the machine next to the gate $2.

Sweet. I'm in the video.

I gotta find some rocky slopes near home to practice.

Comment

Four hours...nice. Looks awesome! Rock gardening rules.
        Last edited by entropy; 2006-03-13, 04:49 AM.
        Less talking, more riding

Comment

The day use fee must be new. $2 is cheap for a place like Rockville. Sorry I couldn't be there with you guys...
          John Foss
          www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Thats a beautiful place!
            Neener, neener, neener. -harper

Comment

I had a ton of fun muni'ing there. The place was really really cool. Lots of really hard and rocky stuff to ride.
              -corbin
              http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
              maestro8 fan club
              Justin LE fan club

Comment

Originally posted by corbin
                I had a ton of fun muni'ing there. The place was really really cool. Lots of really hard and rocky stuff to ride.
                -corbin
                I failed to get a photo of the twist-drop; Corbin tried a 180 from one high trail onto a lower, parallel trail, maybe about two feet laterally and three feet down. He made the move but busted a spoke in the process.

Comment

$.50/hr for some great riding seems more than fair to me
                  I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of ass. Be a hitter, babe.

Comment

Working...
                  X