Toronto 2 Montreal uni tour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto 2 Montreal uni tour!

not sure if this is where i was supposed to post this but here goes!

CHARITY RIDE! 600km! 6 days! one wheel! one great cause!

"There's no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue, there's no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there is some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take, when you reach a destination that you thought you'd never make."

On July 23rd, 2006, I’ll be joining the Friends for Life b*ke rally from Toronto to Montreal – joined by approximately 200 other riders – in order to raise money to help the Toronto People with AIDS Foundation (www.pwatoronto.org). The goal of the ride is to help the Foundation fund its on-going programs and services for men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS in the city-wide community.

Those of you who know me personally will not recognize me as the conventional type – and while most of my fellow riders will be completing the demanding journey on bicycles I have chosen to take up the challenge on a Coker!

There are not many other rides quite as unique as this one, nor many for such a deserving local cause. Personally, this ride is about attaining goals, and pushing my own physical boundaries. As someone with strong ties to the community this is truly a cause I believe in. And doing the ride on my unicycle makes it that much more important to me.

In addition to the actual challenge, together with the hours and miles required for training and preparation, participants have also been requested to raise a minimum of $2000 in donations by June 30th. I have set a personal goal to double this and raise $4000 for the cause. I therefore would like to ask you to take a moment and make a pledge to help me meet, and hopefully exceed, this goal.

I thank you very much for your support in our fight to help those living with HIV/AIDS. Please check in periodically for information and updates on my training and our progression toward meeting our goal.

You will receive a charitable tax receipt for all donations over $15.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

for more info check out www.bikerally.org

to sponsor me you can click the link on the front page and look up my name Philip Barbosa. so far i am the only rider regestered to complete on a uni. or you can also email me for more info as well: info(at)philipbarbosa(dot)com

and thank you to the kind folks at www.unitours.org and Darren at www.BedfordUnicycles.com
    Philip Barbosa

people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will... Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real... and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance of his unicycle.

what a fantastic goal/cause!

one question come to mind...do you ride back??

On a side note...can you send me a private message? I may have lost your current email since you came back up north)
    UnicycleGlidecam.com
    RoundCircleMedia.com

Comment

Good on you Philip!

Nice to "see" you here on the forum again, btw.

Awesome challenge for a great cause. My donation has been submitted.

May your training go smoothly, your fundraising be effortless, and the ride a joy.
      "If you have no goals, you can accomplish almost anything!" Slugbath

Comment

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Erin! you rock my socks!

Brian: they send us back on VIArail trains.
        Philip Barbosa

Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will... Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real... and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance of his unicycle.

Comment

That's awesome Phil. You can count on a donation from me.

I'll probably make it out to the club in a month or so.

Roman

Comment

i recently was sponsored for my ride by someone i dont know... not exactly sure how he found out about my fundraising efforts but along with the sponsorship came an awsome email that in part said this:

"During my time in the Canadian Forces, (which I am return to soon), I was in a Jump Company (Parachutist). At one point, I was deployed to a foriegn country, and was required to airborne deploy into an area. Do to unforseen circumstances, I actually ended up nearly three hundred kilometers in the wrong direction. Luckily I was near a road, and in excellent shape, So I began my journey to the correct place.

I was on my third day, and I was beginning to wonder if any real life existed on this badly paved road, until a young man, likely barely over twenty, pedalled up on a unicycle, waved with a huge smile, and passed me.

I never said a word to him. I dont know why he was riding, or where he was going. Yet for the next three hundred kilometers, he kept me company in my head; when nothing else would...

So Im glad to see that your giving the world good company."

- Roshi

i thought it was pretty inspiring and wanted to share it. i dont know what country the guy was in since he didnt say but it sure is a neat story and really sums up for me why i ride a uni everywhere, including to montreal.
            Philip Barbosa

Comment

Working...
            X