uni axle spacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uni axle spacing?

does anyone know the axle spacing on a uni? outboard bearing edge to outboard bearing edge?

what type of unicycle? if you have a look here... http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/sho...Hub+assemblies down the bottom it tells you flange to flange for the UDC hubs...

Comment

Alot of common unis are 100mm from bearing centre to bearing centre, but it varies hugely between different makes and models, 100mm is for the Kh, Onza and Koxx hubs i think. The spacing can be altered by changing the spacers each sdie of the bearings, which are present on most unicycle hubs.
      Dave

- what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -

Comment

It is safest to work with the centre of the bearings. 100mm has become the standard so the outside of the bearing is 112mm.

The exceptions are:
        UDC Coker Wide hub which is 125.0mm
        Susue which is 91.5mm
        Old Onza hubs which is 104.5mm
        Profile is 108.0 mm
        Old Schwinn.... I think this one is 93.4mm
        Old pashely.... not sure but I know it is not 100mm

I have drawings of the hubs on the site some where..... here is the susue:
        http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/suzue.jpg

Roger
        ++++++++++++++++++
        Roger Davies
        Unicycle.com in the UK
        The UK's Unicycle Source
        www.unicycle.co.uk
        +++++++++++++++++++

Comment

thanks

icekayak, i took a look at the website and saw the flange dimensions. isnt the flange the part with the holes for spokes? i need the flange measurement to get the right size spokes but its not the bearing center to bearing center dimension i need. thanks though.

rogeratunicycledotcom, thanks for the info. i'll go with 100. it just so happens thats the spacing for a bicycle fork. makes things easy.
          Last edited by ssissy; 2005-12-18, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X