Clear All

• Ooops, wrong date! Fixed it.

Peter Bier
    David Stone
    Roger Davies
    Alan Chambers
    Steve Colligan
    Mark Wiggins
    Takayuki Koike - Guinness record holder, 6hrs44min, August 1987, 42" wheel with short cranks (no dismounts!)
    Lars Clausen
    Ken Looi
    Floyd Beattie
    Johnnie Severin
    Cathy Fox
    Bruce Dawson
    Jack Hughes
    Dan Heaton
    Scot Cooper
    Sam Wakeling
    Chuck Edwall
    Joe Marshall
    John Himsworth
    Gracie Sorbello
    Rowan Chivers
    Tony Melton
    Tim Lee
    Joe Lind
    Rob Muellerleile
    Irene Genelin
    Beau Hoover
    Nathan Hoover
    Mike Scalisi
    Ryan Woessner
    ?~Xivind Johansen
    Kjetil Juul Pedersen
    James Amon
    Leif Rustvold
    Max Taint
    Mark Osmundo
    Mike Tierney
    Joseph Sherman
    Roland Kays
    Claude Magnuson
    Jan Logemann
    Zeke Boisei
    Paul Stacey
    Joe Myers
    Matthew Huber
    Tom Blackwood
    Sid Rajan
    Dave Cox
    Matthiew Rojda
    Kevin Williams
    Jack Olsen
    Monty McFly
    Matt Thomas
    Geoff Houghton
    Svein Petter Vangsoy
    Frank Brown
    Terry Peterson
    Dan Hansen
    David Smith
    Philip Schleihauf
    Frank Dugrillon
    Erich Bevensee [10/09/10 Chilean/German,45,Ungeared 36"]
    Bill "Rhino" Mueller (10/29/10 - 42, 102 miles,10hr.51min.,ungeared 36)
    Jeff Chamblee (June 5, 2011, USA, 46, Ungeared 36", 100.2 miles, 14 hrs 15min)
    John Foss - 6/12/11, SilvaCycles KH/Schlumpf 36" (76 miles), 2002 Coker Deluxe with 125mm cranks (25 miles)
    Jeff Ray 12/26/09 KH 125mm cranks ungeared. SILVER COMET/CHIEF LADIGA Anniston, AL to Atlanta GA.
    Benjamin Richardson 12/28/10 KH 125mm Cranks ungeared - 30 miles of SNOW - I'm claiming to be the first TYPE 1 Diabetic to ride 100 miles (actually clocked 101.1) in a day solo. SILVER COMET/CHIEF LADIGA Anniston, AL to Atlanta, GA. 13 hours 11 minutes
    Andy Moore
    Robert Youngren 11-06-2011, 8 hours 42 minutes, KH/Schlumpf 24" with 137mm cranks, Chief Ladiga - Silver Comet trail from Piedmont, Alabama to mile 13 marker on Silver Comet then back to Cedartown, Georgia for the finish.
    munisano

Comment

• Nicely done MuniSano. Way under 9 hours too, that is really moving right along. Great job showing up prepared and delivering on your goal
      "Give someone a bike and they may travel efficiently, but teach someone to unicycle and they can feed the soul for the rest of their life."

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightarrow View Post
        Nicely done MuniSano. Way under 9 hours too, that is really moving right along. Great job showing up prepared and delivering on your goal
        Thanks. Prepared I was. At the end of July of this year, just a couple weeks after finishing the Badwater 135 mile in Death Valley, I sustained a stress fracture to my calcaneous (heel bone) while mountain unicycling in Moab, Utah. So I've been unable to run for the past 3 months. Rather than get out of shape and depressed I decide to unicycle A LOT. I stayed off the trails and other sketchy terrain where I might risk further damage to my heel; this meant a lot of road/paved path riding. So, for better or worse I'm in probably the best unicycling shape of my life right now. So I figured now was the time to attempt a 100 miler on my unicycle! It was great fun, the perfect day (the fall foliage was incredible!), and only had one short "bad patch".

I'm so happy I chose the Chief Ladiga - Silver Comet Rail Trail for my ride; awesome bike path! There are some good long sections on the Silver Comet side (Georgia) that would be perfect for record attempts. Flat, smooth, traffic free and FAST!

I'm also very stoked that I got this ride done on my 24" GUni. The trend seems to do centuries on 36ers. With all the riding I've been doing I honestly feel more comfortable on my 24" geared set up than I do on my Coker 36er (even my times over the same courses agree with this). Maybe I just like to spin more? Don't know. I just like the idea of having ONE unicycle to do it all. Swap the tire and I'm offroad; I've done 50 miles of single track on this set up as well; now a 100 miler on pavement! Pretty diverse I'd say!

However, if I were to do something like this again it would be fun to try to go after the record. I can totally see a well tuned, geared 36er as the way to go. I just can't afford it! Because outside of doing an event like this I'd really have no practical use for a geared 36er.

Congrats to everybody on this list, I'm very thankful to finally join the ranks.
        munisano

Comment

• Ride Report

If anybody's interested, I wrote up a report about my 100 mile unicycling experience. Read On.
          munisano

Comment

• Originally posted by MuniSano View Post
            If anybody's interested, I wrote up a report about my 100 mile unicycling experience. Read On.
            Duuuuuuude! Great write-up. I read the whole thing, and now I'm late for work! (It's OK because I'm the owner/operator.)
            steveyo
            ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few uni race write-ups
            - muni and kokopelli uni t-shirts, mugs and stickers

Comment

• Congratulations!

I can't wait to read all about your 100 mile adventure Rob! Nicely done!

I can't wait to ride with you again.
              Benjamin, Asheville, NC
              http://ashevillemunifest.com/

Comment

• If anybody should wonder what I did yesterday ...
                Attached Files
                Spruch aus einem chinesischen Unglückskeks: "Freude ist nur ein Mangel an Information!"
                http://www.youtube.com/user/InfiniteCyc

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyc View Post
                  If anybody should wonder what I did yesterday ...
                  Wow, that's 143 miles, congrats! But you should give DETAILS!
                  Last edited by MuniAddict; 2012-06-24, 01:53 PM.
                  Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                  Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                  -Dani Buron

Website
                  Videos
                  Facebook

Comment

• Sure, here they come. I was just too busy today, since I had to cope with everything I could not do yesterday ...

I started 5:48 in the morning with my geared KH36/145mm. The route I choose was a circuit of 2,35km (1.5mi). It is a nice little road through meadows and little forests. There is little traffic – at times cyclists and people with dogs, here and then a car or a tractor. The surface is good, but there is a sharp turn, disrupting the flow and there is a little Hill, which turns over time into a mountain.

With this trip I tied a few personal records:
                    - Longest daytrip 230km (143 mi)
                    - Longest time unicycling – 16:10, 13:35 actually cycling
                    - First 100:10:1 (9:35)
                    - Longest distance non-stop - 102km (63mi) all in 2. gear
                    - Longest time non-stop (5:11)

Marathon time was 2:05, 100km in 5:04 and 200km in 13:22. Fuel consumption was at about 4,1 l/100km . What else to say? A spoke broke at km 134 (83mi), which prevented me from using the second gear, but at that point in time I was anyway too tired for it. The last third or a bit more I found extremely hard. I had issues sitting and my digestion was complaining. Certainly it was a bit too hot and not a good idea to cycle the first five hours non-stop. It would have been better to stop regularly right from the start. However it started well and I was convinced the little hill would anyway drop me off sometimes. I managed to pass it 43 times. I was still cycling but after 100km I decided to stop it.
                    Spruch aus einem chinesischen Unglückskeks: "Freude ist nur ein Mangel an Information!"
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/InfiniteCyc

Comment

• Finally got a century ride under my belt in a most untraditional manner. This past Friday and Saturday I competed in the Powderhorn 24 hour race (write up by Max). I rode 95 miles in the actual race, so I did the extra 5 right at the end. It actually took me 23 hours and 42 minutes to finish the 100 miles so it still counts as a century (since it was within 24 hours). My rolling time on the other hand was a bit faster at 6 hours and 48 minutes! That's only 4 minutes off the world record. Of course I had lots of breaks, but the race course also involved stop signs and lights as well as a checkpoint every mile or so that I had to stop at. Definitely not the typical 100 mile ride, but I'm still proud to say I've done a century.

Peter Bier
                      David Stone
                      Roger Davies
                      Alan Chambers
                      Steve Colligan
                      Mark Wiggins
                      Takayuki Koike - Guinness record holder, 6hrs44min, August 1987, 42" wheel with short cranks (no dismounts!)
                      Lars Clausen
                      Ken Looi
                      Floyd Beattie
                      Johnnie Severin
                      Cathy Fox
                      Bruce Dawson
                      Jack Hughes
                      Dan Heaton
                      Scot Cooper
                      Sam Wakeling
                      Chuck Edwall
                      Joe Marshall
                      John Himsworth
                      Gracie Sorbello
                      Rowan Chivers
                      Tony Melton
                      Tim Lee
                      Joe Lind
                      Rob Muellerleile
                      Irene Genelin
                      Beau Hoover
                      Nathan Hoover
                      Mike Scalisi
                      Ryan Woessner
                      ?~Xivind Johansen
                      Kjetil Juul Pedersen
                      James Amon
                      Leif Rustvold
                      Max Taint
                      Mark Osmundo
                      Mike Tierney
                      Joseph Sherman
                      Roland Kays
                      Claude Magnuson
                      Jan Logemann
                      Zeke Boisei
                      Paul Stacey
                      Joe Myers
                      Matthew Huber
                      Tom Blackwood
                      Sid Rajan
                      Dave Cox
                      Matthiew Rojda
                      Kevin Williams
                      Jack Olsen
                      Monty McFly
                      Matt Thomas
                      Geoff Houghton
                      Svein Petter Vangsoy
                      Frank Brown
                      Terry Peterson
                      Dan Hansen
                      David Smith
                      Philip Schleihauf
                      Frank Dugrillon
                      John Foss - 6/12/11, SilvaCycles KH/Schlumpf 36" (76 miles), 2002 Coker Deluxe with 125mm cranks (25 miles)
                      Jeff Ray 12/26/09 KH 125mm cranks ungeared. SILVER COMET/CHIEF LADIGA Anniston, AL to Atlanta GA.
                      Benjamin Richardson 12/28/10 KH 125mm Cranks ungeared - 30 miles of SNOW - I'm claiming to be the first TYPE 1 Diabetic to ride 100 miles (actually clocked 101.1) in a day solo. SILVER COMET/CHIEF LADIGA Anniston, AL to Atlanta, GA. 13 hours 11 minutes
                      Andy Moore
                      Robert Youngren 11-06-2011, 8 hours 42 minutes, KH/Schlumpf 24" with 137mm cranks, Chief Ladiga - Silver Comet trail from Piedmont, Alabama to mile 13 marker on Silver Comet then back to Cedartown, Georgia for the finish.
                      Scott Wilton

Comment

• I rode my first 100 miles on 7th July and have added my name to the list. I am 63 years old - could this make me a record holder for the oldest guy to ride the 100?

Peter Bier
                        David Stone
                        Roger Davies
                        Alan Chambers
                        Steve Colligan
                        Mark Wiggins
                        Lars Clausen
                        Ken Looi
                        Floyd Beattie
                        Johnnie Severin
                        Cathy Fox
                        Bruce Dawson
                        Jack Hughes
                        Dan Heaton
                        Scot Cooper
                        Sam Wakeling
                        Chuck Edwall
                        Joe Marshall
                        John Himsworth
                        Gracie Sorbello
                        Rowan Chivers
                        Tony Melton
                        Tim Lee
                        Joe Lind
                        Rob Muellerleile
                        Irene Genelin
                        Beau Hoover
                        Nathan Hoover
                        Mike Scalisi
                        Ryan Woessner
                        ?~Xivind Johansen
                        Kjetil Juul Pedersen
                        James Amon
                        Leif Rustvold
                        Max Taint
                        Mark Osmundo
                        Mike Tierney
                        Joseph Sherman
                        Roland Kays
                        Claude Magnuson
                        Jan Logemann
                        Zeke Boisei
                        Paul Stacey
                        Joe Myers
                        Matthew Huber
                        Tom Blackwood
                        Sid Rajan
                        Dave Cox
                        Matthiew Rojda
                        Kevin Williams
                        Jack Olsen
                        Monty McFly
                        Matt Thomas
                        Geoff Houghton
                        Svein Petter Vangsoy
                        Frank Brown
                        Terry Peterson
                        Dan Hansen
                        David Smith
                        Philip Schleihauf
                        Frank Dugrillon
                        Andy Moore
                        Scott Wilton
                        Geoff Bond
                        1 wheel, 1 day, 100 miles, 64 years...

Comment

• WELL DONE GEOFF, Congratulations!!!

please give us a detailed ride report!
                          Last edited by MuniAddict; 2012-07-08, 10:26 PM.
                          -Dani Buron

Website
                          Videos
                          Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
                            WELL DONE GEOFF, Congratulations!!!

please give us a detailed ride report!
                            Thanks! here is a short video that reveals a little detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvbdH...ature=youtu.be

I found it interesting and will compile a short report...
                            1 wheel, 1 day, 100 miles, 64 years...

Comment

• Originally posted by monocyclism View Post
                              Thanks! here is a short video that reveals a little detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvbdH...ature=youtu.be

I found it interesting and will compile a short report...
                              I watched it. Wow you were smart to have the extra 36er! Do you have footage of the bearing failure? what time did you start and finish?
                              Last edited by MuniAddict; 2012-07-08, 10:38 PM.
                              -Dani Buron

Website
                              Videos
                              Facebook

Comment

• Good stuff monocyclism

What were the roads like? (and don't say covered in tarmac).
                                If the last five miles were tough going uphill why didn't you do the ride the other way around? That way you'd have been going downhill at the beginning.
                                Just wondering

Do please post a ride report, I like reading those.
                                Last edited by Alucard; 2012-07-08, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X