Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muni t-shirt, and cold winters

I just got the california muni weekend t-shirt in the mail today It looks
    nice, the text on the back has a rough look to it, which suprised me because I
    thought the example on the web had just a plain look to it.

Its starting to get cold now though, and I've barely clocked many hours on my
    uni (I'm still new to riding) -- any tips for keeping warm as the weather gets
    colder? I'm guessing biking shorts and shirts are enough, once you get warmed
    up? I'm in new york / new jersey, not alaska.

-Laz.

Re: muni t-shirt, and cold winters

[color={usenetquotecolor}]>once you get warmed up? I'm in new york / new jersey, not alaska. [/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>-Laz.[/color]

Hey, Laz, we may be neighbors. I'm in New Jersey near Somerville, or Princeton.

---
    Rick Plavnicky plav@earthlink.net from my box to yours mailtolav@earthlink.net
    http://home.earthlink.net/~plav/

Comment

RE: muni t-shirt, and cold winters

[color={usenetquotecolor}]> Its starting to get cold now though, and I've barely clocked many hours on my[/color]
      [color={usenetquotecolor}]> uni (I'm still new to riding) -- any tips for keeping warm as the weather gets[/color]
      [color={usenetquotecolor}]> colder? I'm guessing biking shorts and shirts are enough, once you get warmed[/color]
      [color={usenetquotecolor}]> up? I'm in new york / new jersey, not alaska. [/color]

I don't know about shorts and T-shirts only in NY/NJ. They work fine in Northern
      CA all year long, but you may need to bundle up more depending on the weather.

Lots of hopping is a good way to keep warm. But it's a pretty slow way to get
      around. You can cover your cycling shorts with sweats or thermals and a wind
      shell. Then you can add similar layers over the shirt. In the winter I replace
      my fingerless cycling gloves with some real ones if it's cold.

Stay warm (or move), John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone (reply to jfoss@unicycling.com)
      http://www.unicycling.com

"Every once in a while, you just have to be an airplane."
      - Andy Jennings

Comment

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910141531230.32475-100000@micro.internexus.net>,
        master@internexus.net (Laszlo Vecsey) writes:

[color={usenetquotecolor}]>Its starting to get cold now though, and I've barely clocked many hours on my[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]>uni (I'm still new to riding) -- any tips for keeping warm as the weather[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]>gets colder?[/color]

Hmmm, Sounds like you need one of my Long Sleeve Unicycling Productions shirts.
        These shirts are Black with "Silver Shimmer" print. You can check out the
        design at:

<http://www.gilby.com/t-shirts/up.html>

The Long Sleeve shirts are $20 US plus shipping. If you haven't already, also
        check out all the great uni stuff at www.unicycle.com

keep on trying, dustin *klem* unicycling productions www.dustin.kelm.com

isa 40:29-31

Comment

RE: muni t-shirt, and cold winters

Send some of that cold weather down here to Texas, it's still reaching into the
          nineties here! The salt from all my sweat is actually eating away at my gloves
          and helmet straps. Won't need any warm shirts for awhile, just a salt shaker!
          (kidding) Eddie

"Ein rad oder Kein rad"

Comment

Laszlo Vecsey <master@internexus.net> writes:

[color={usenetquotecolor}]> any tips for keeping warm as the weather gets colder?[/color]

Work on hopping.

Comment

Working...
            X