"Tar" for trials tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tar" for trials tires??

Whats this all about? Tar to put on your tire for trials......makes the tire grip more maybe? Anybody ever heard of/ tried this?
    sigpic

RIMS not tires

It's for the rims
    i suppose its so your brakes grip better, that would make sense

Comment

Re: RIMS not tires

Originally posted by ColDawG
      It's for the rims
      i suppose its so your brakes grip better, that would make sense
      That does make sense, and the TAR, would act as a rosin and make the brakes be more responsive.
      Rest in pieces.

Comment

Oh haha I wondered.......

That makes more sense.
        sigpic

Comment

Useless in wet conditions. Makes your brakes no work.
          SWAT Gallery
          SWAT webpage
          Arrow Racing
          Sixsixone

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde Mental

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended I can take no responsibility for my actions because I don't feel like it. Also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

Comment

You can always just use Coke, it makes your brakes alot more responcive but washes off in wet conditions, this also means you need to re apply it all the time though...
            No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got to do it right. H2O

-------MUNI MILITIA -------
            One Wheeled Death Squad

Comment

So it would be useless on a unicycle?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Checkernuts
                You can always just use Coke, it makes your brakes alot more responcive but washes off in wet conditions, this also means you need to re apply it all the time though...
                Thats brilliant! Probabley alot cheaper too. You don't have to pay shiping every time you by it, otherwise it might not be cheaper.
                Last edited by heavy metal unicycling; 2005-06-08, 11:48 PM.
                "Scrape my mind off the wall painted pretty Blue"
                -Eighteen Visions

Comment

Thanks to you, I went out and poured pop on my bike....:-P
                  sigpic

Comment

HAHA. Now your bike with slowly corrode.
                    I lost "The Game!"

Comment

Originally posted by forrestunifreak
                      Thanks to you, I went out and poured pop on my bike....:-P
                      Haha I have only ever put it on my rims with just dipping my finger in coke then spinning the wheel, repeat a few times and they are typically good. Not to mention you dont waste a whole coke dumping it all over your bike
                      No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got to do it right. H2O

-------MUNI MILITIA -------
                      One Wheeled Death Squad

Comment

Working...
                      X