No announcement yet.

Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was riding in the dorm of a friend of mine while I was road trippin. Several drunk people wanted pictures. one guy looks at me and says
    "dude thats f'in awesome. I once saw a unicycle breastfeed a flamingo back to health."
    "Dude, I once saw a unicycle breastfeed a flamingo back to health"
    -Random drunk rantings of a drunk man

Comment

I was walking across the street with my uni...
      "You could get a job at McDonalds or something to be another wheel for that bicycle!!"
      You'll find me around.

Comment

Look a guy on a horse!
        Said by woman in her back yard to friend as I rode by, seperated from them by a hedge.

Dave

Comment

I can't think of any comments I've had while out & about, apart from the usual stuff.

The things that make me laugh are when I ride into my local skatepark, crankgrab to rubber & drop the boxes, do all the ramps and stuff, then notice all this time every other kid (up to about 20 of them) is stood silently watching me. It's happened about 5 times now, and I'm concentrating on the trials so much I don't notice .

Also a great one last week, not so much a comment but it was really funny. Sunny day & the local park was packed. I did the usual flight of stairs I do when I ride through on my 20, and when I reached the bottom (its about 20 steps) a group of about 15 teenagers sat on the grass opposite burst into spontaneous applause. Then they made me do it again... and again...

Loose.
          Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
          come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink Floyd

Comment

I think my favorite has to be when we were out juggling and unicycling all together with the KU Juggling club on their campus. Had a car drive by and shout out, "Get a girlfriend!" I need that on a t-shirt.

The other good one was whilst experimenting with MUni a month or so ago...came upon a kid riding the other way who asked "Why are you riding a unicycle?", apparently under the belief that they were either unethical or unlawful on trails. I just chuckled, realizing later that I should have asked why he was riding a bicycle.

Comment

Happy Birthday!!
              Come ride with your long lost Long Islanders some time. Let us know.

Question: Where is the other half?
              Answer: Who needs two when you can ride one.

Adam
              HAVE FUN ON ONE!
              justonewheel.com

Comment

whilst at the skatepark the other day, i had an amusing comment from a bmxer:

"Dude, can you do a wheelie on that?"
                My band's website My club's website

Comment

We had a herd of five out for a Coker ride. An elderly couple was strolling (more like strutting) by on the other side of the street. The guy, huge smile on his face shouts, "you guys should be balancing the budget!"
                  -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

That's a good one, Greg!

Overheard on one of my training rides:

"Dad, dad! That guy builds his own unicycles!"
                    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.
                    -- Dave Stockton

Comment

I was out practicing idling and a neighborhood kid walks by,

him: "You're getting better!"

me: "I need to get a lot better" (doing a shaky couple of idles)

him: "I don't think your going to get better."

I know the kid meant well, but at the time I was wondering if I would ever get beyond idling for 1-2 swings. It bummed me out, but since then I've improved a great deal.

---------------------------------
                      Then there was that little girl, as I rode past:

she: Are you in the circus?
                      me: Not yet.
                      she: Then are you going to join the circus?
                      me: Well, no.
                      she: Then why do you ride that?

I'm sure her parents put this idea in her head.
                      Regards,
                      Ken

Unicycles are flying machines!

24", 28", 32", and 36" KH frame based mutts.
                      26" inexpensive travel.

Comment

Chrashing wrote:
                        I was out practicing idling and a neighborhood kid walks by,

him: "You're getting better!"

me: "I need to get a lot better" (doing a shaky couple of idles)

him: "I don't think your going to get better."

I know the kid meant well, but at the time I was wondering if I would ever get beyond idling for 1-2 swings. It bummed me out, but since then I've improved a great deal.

-----------------------

Maybe the kid meant "your amazing...I can't imagine how you could possibly improve?".

Just my Rose-colored-glasses viewpoint...
                        "Anger is like acid that eventually destroys its own container"

Comment

Re: Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I had one the other day which sounded like a deliberate variation on the standard comment:

"Terrible, isn't it? They'll nick anything round here!"

--
                          Peter Haworth pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
                          "To really understand a man, you must first walk a mile in his shoes.
                          Then, not only will you have his shoes, you'll be a mile away."

Comment

Re: Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I tend to get much more interesting comments now that I ride my
                            two-wheeler down to the pub after juggling.

I got the slightly naive question "Is that harder than a bike?" a while
                            back whilst last night some nice gents drove past in a van and shouted
                            "Get a job you F". I can't quite see what made them say that, but there
                            you go. My mood was repaired after a car full of people went past waving
                            at me madly.

Odd bunch these non-unicyclists.

Cheers,

Roger

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread, but this is where it belongs. On Sunday I was riding the Clementine Loop in Auburn. Two guys on bikes came up behind me. As I was wondering how to let them pass without dismounting on the narrow trail, the front one said "You are the coolest dude I have seen in my entire life!" I had to pull over for that one. I ended up UPDing in the weeds, because bikes never just pass you when you want them to. They slow down, stop, want to watch you, etc.

But it was worth it. Somehow I don't believe him though...
                              John Foss
                              www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

On a recent lunchtime ride I had a kid lean out the window of a passing truck and yell:

"Hey! It's my birthday!"

To which I replied "Happy Birthday".

I think that's the most random comment I've ever received.

-mg
                                The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death.
                                michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
                                Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/34my5c

Comment

Working...
                                X