Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UPD View Post
    To avoid nut crushing is an aquired unicycling skill too...
    The main prerequisite for competent unicycling: excellent ball control
    Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. Dr. Seuss

Comment

• From a lady in a passing car: "I like your unicycle."

Intelligent and succinct. I liked that.
      "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

• Not so nice....

I was out with my kids the other day and some guy yelled at my 7 year old......

"I hope you fall you little SH%#"

Some people aren't so nice.

Comment

• Sorry bradahj, that person is pathetic. Hopefully your kids get more positive input than some idiots sounding off.

Kim

Comment

• From a young lady as she watched me re-mount on a neighborhood street...

"You're a rockstar!"

I can't recall a nicer compliment.

Comment

• A cool jogger came up to me this morning as I finished my usual 4 mile lap on my Oregon/Duro.
              "You're missing the rest of the bike"

I graciously replied, "Left it at home, didnt need it"

Another one from this guy, as I was practicing hopping obstacles at the park the other day, "Thats some mean tire you got there!" --referring to my Duro.

Haha... never really realised it until he said so. It feels normal to me, compared to my roll-over-everything fattie 'Nate'
              Last edited by UPD; 2015-05-13, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• Just as I got ready to take off on a trail ride an older gent rides by on his bike and is so astonished that he comes back to check out my unicycle. Unfortunately he fell when he tried to turn. I guess his touring bags and musical instrument case shifted his weight so much he couldn't stay balanced. I felt so bad. He said he was ok but looked a little shaken. I hope he's ok.

Comment

• Had some.....

....much nicer responses/comments this most recent time out with my ten year old for his "Uni-Birthday Ride":

From a little six year old, "How do you do that?"

From a middle-aged man "Now, that's something I can't do." To which I replied, "I used to think that too"

From some teenagers, "Cool man, I've never seen someone on a unicycle."

Comment

• Today I had two people say "you're my hero!" to me. I'm not sure if they think unicycling is that cool, or if they mistook for someone else. I was wearing a Superman t-shirt

Comment

• Two teenage boys riding their bmx bikes down a rough patch onto a car park as I ride toward them on my KH26 muni.

The front one looked across transfixed as he enthusiastically exclaimed, "F*ck Yeah!"

Loved it as I rode up to where they had come down.

Probably the most excited comment I have had. I suspect he is probably already waiting for his uni to arrive in the mail.

I hope so.
                      Last edited by OneTrackMind; 2015-05-18, 08:03 AM.
                      Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

Comment

• Originally posted by OneTrackMind View Post
                        Two teenage boys riding their bmx bikes down a rough patch onto a car park as I ride toward them on my KH26 muni.

The front one looked across transfixed as he enthusiastically exclaimed, "F*ck Yeah!"

Loved it as I rode up to where they had come down.

Probably the most excited comment I have had. I suspect he is probably already waiting for his uni to arrive in the mail.

I hope so.
                        That is probably the highest praise possible from your Aussie teenager. Treasure that moment!
                        Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Today I added some lights for my new Nimbus 29 road uni, so I decided to ride at dusk to try them out.
                          I rode down a sloping path in the nearby park and a two-wheeled cyclist rode past and exclaimed, "That's a monster!" and "The lights are a nice touch."
                          "Einstein was right."

"Einstein was probably one of them."

(Close Encounters of the Third Kind)

www.eddify.com

Comment

• I mounted and rode my 36 by a older lady who was sitting on a park bench along the Hudson River. She didn't move, so I thought she might have fallen asleep. As I roll on, I she says, Show off!.

Ha! Surprised me.
                            Regards,
                            Ken

Unicycles are flying machines!

24", 28", 32", and 36" KH frame based mutts.
                            26" inexpensive travel.

Comment

• I was down at the lake this weekend and decided I would try my hand on a nice long gravel bar on Flat Creek. Two teenagers came by and the gal said “That is the most incredible thing I have ever seen”.

Gotta admit it made me feel pretty good.

Comment

• A couple of months ago I went up some trails (there are always loads of people here).

Anyway, these you mountain bikers who think they are better than anyone else. I was walking with my unicycle, and one of these said
                                "Wow, thats taking it to the extreme".

Then another said "It's easy, it just looks hard. I will prove it".

So I gave him my unicycle, he tried to get on and just fell flat on his face. Everyone just laughed. The answer is, don't be cocky.

I have noticed this with mountain bikers, because I do road and off road. Mountain bikers seem to be more friendly, but think they are better than anyone else. Road bikers don't seem to talk that much, but don't try overtaking others.

Comment

Working...
                                X