• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got quite a... Scary one today Let me write the script:

Him: Where's the rest of your bike?
    Me: That's it!
    Him: Where's the rest of it?
    Me: That's it... It's a unicycle not a bike...
    Him: So where's the other wheel? And the handlebars?
    Me: I don't need them
    Him: Don't come near hear tonight mate... (We were in front of a pub)
    Me: (Still smiling/joking) Why, what'll happen?
    Him: Let's just say you'll fall off...
    Me: Nah, I'm good at riding
    Him: Guys here will punch you off it for being a stupid clown...

I just told him to F*ck off and rode away, thankfully it's not a pub I go near often... Strange how people turn hostile so quick!
    “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Piece Maker View Post
      I got quite a... Scary one today Let me write the script:

Him: Where's the rest of your bike?
      Me: That's it!
      Him: Where's the rest of it?
      Me: That's it... It's a unicycle not a bike...
      Him: So where's the other wheel? And the handlebars?
      Me: I don't need them
      Him: Don't come near hear tonight mate... (We were in front of a pub)
      Me: (Still smiling/joking) Why, what'll happen?
      Him: Let's just say you'll fall off...
      Me: Nah, I'm good at riding
      Him: Guys here will punch you off it for being a stupid clown...

I just told him to F*ck off and rode away, thankfully it's not a pub I go near often... Strange how people turn hostile so quick!
      Was he drunk? It's amazing how people think that the where's the rest of your bike joke is funny and sometimes get offended when you don't.

Comment

• Here's the one I got from my wife the day I took my new 26er out of the box....."what the heck is the matter with you?!! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!!"
        “What we think about when we are free to think about what we will – that is what we are or will soon become.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Shmolagin View Post
          Was he drunk? It's amazing how people think that the where's the rest of your bike joke is funny and sometimes get offended when you don't.
          He looked a tad tipsy :P
          “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Piece Maker View Post
            He looked a tad tipsy :P
            Well maybe he forgot and you could have gone there tonight...
            It's pathetic that a WYOW joke variation can be though up by a tipsy guy.

Comment

• I was riding down my street while one of my neighbors was leaving. He pulled over for me to let me by and as I went by, he put his window down and said "the real question is, can you juggle while you ride?" I looked at him straight faced and said "Chainsaws" and I kept riding.

Comment

• Today a totally fresh response; something I've never heard before! A group of Cub Scouts along the side of the bike path. I'm coming down a hill on my Road uni (It has a handlebar, I'm wearing lycra and a helmet, and a mirror on my sunglasses). One of the boys says "Hey look, it's a long-term unicycle!"

I have no idea what he meant, but I think I like it. I'm a long-term unicyclist.

Originally posted by Boz Mon View Post
                "the real question is, can you juggle while you ride?"
                When people ask me that it's usually in the form of "Can you juggle too?"
                My response: I can juggle five.
                John Foss
                www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

• Originally posted by Boz Mon View Post
                  I was riding down my street while one of my neighbors was leaving. He pulled over for me to let me by and as I went by, he put his window down and said "the real question is, can you juggle while you ride?" I looked at him straight faced and said "Chainsaws" and I kept riding.
                  Nice!!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                    Today a totally fresh response; something I've never heard before! A group of Cub Scouts along the side of the bike path. I'm coming down a hill on my Road uni (It has a handlebar, I'm wearing lycra and a helmet, and a mirror on my sunglasses). One of the boys says "Hey look, it's a long-term unicycle!"

I have no idea what he meant, but I think I like it. I'm a long-term unicyclist.

When people ask me that it's usually in the form of "Can you juggle too?"
                    My response: I can juggle five.
                    Maybe he meant a long-distance unicycle Still, I like your interpretation better!

Comment

• Not exactly a quote, but had a very nice exchange with one guy in a group of bicyclists while waiting for a traffic signal this morning. He was really excited about seeing a guy on a unicycle and declared that he was going to get one and learn to ride it. Me: "That's great, they also have smaller ones that are easier to ride." Him: "No, I want one like that! What size wheel is that?" (36") They waited after the signal changed to watch me remount and ride away (great, no pressure). Fortunately, I did a reasonably decent freemount (have to keep up appearances). The guy rode alongside for a while asking questions. ("A good workout?" "Yes" "Hard to learn?" "Not that bad, just practice." Stuff like that.) He declared again his intention to get one and learn to ride it as he rode off to catch his friends. Cool!
                      "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

• While being passed by some bikers going downhill today, one asked if I also ski with one ski.

No. I do not.
                        "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

• Originally posted by Killian View Post
                          While being passed by some bikers going downhill today, one asked if I also ski with one ski.

No. I do not.
                          Sounds clever for a sec until you realize that it's called snowboarding...

Comment

• When snappy comebacks/clever responses go wrong

Today on a singletrack trail, meeting a man and woman with dog coming the other way...
                            Woman: "That's a first."
                            Me: "I've been coming her for 15 years."
                            Woman: (after a pause) "Okay. "

Too strong. Of course it's a first for her...
                            John Foss
                            www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                              One of the boys says "Hey look, it's a long-term unicycle!"

I have no idea what he meant
                              I'm with Piece Maker. In most people's minds, a unicycle is something you ride a short while on a circus floor. Your outfit and your unicycle made it look, even to a layman, as if you were doing a long ride. That was remarkable to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shmolagin View Post
                                Sounds clever for a sec until you realize that it's called snowboarding...
                                Not necessarily

I think my response though would be:

"nah, telemark"
                                Unicycling: great for your thighs.

Comment

Working...
                                X