No announcement yet.

Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid at my school: "That's for babies!" (referring to unicycle)

My reply: "If so, you must be able to do it."

Kid: "I can do it, but I'm not gonna show ya!"

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Oops! Sorry for the repeated post, but it never said it was posting, but I guess it did!

What's odd is that when I try to delete the posts, it says I don't have permission.

Comment

I've been getting garbled grunts and squawks alot lately. I will go by and someone will just say, "UUHHNNGG", or "oooMMMBBBB", or "AwwKKK," as if they are so mystified they are no longer able to speak coherently. Somehow, it's better than the ones who can speak coherently and yet say all the things I've heard for the last 40 years or so.
              -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Originally posted by harper
                I've been getting garbled grunts and squawks alot lately. I will go by and someone will just say, "UUHHNNGG", or "oooMMMBBBB", or "AwwKKK," as if they are so mystified they are no longer able to speak coherently.
                Greg, all things considered have you given any thought to this having to do with some aspect of you other than your unicycling?
                Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Originally posted by JJuggle
                  Greg, all things considered have you given any thought to this having to do with some aspect of you other than your unicycling?
                  Yes. I have done the corelation study. I get no comments on my bicycle other than, "even Raphael Lasar could ride THAT!"
                  -Greg Harper

Comment

Originally posted by JJuggle
                    Yes. I have done the corelation study. I get no comments on my bicycle other than, "even Raphael Lasar could ride THAT!"
                    -Greg Harper

Comment

Originally posted by harper
                      I get no comments on my bicycle other than, "even Raphael Lasar could ride THAT!"
                      They overestimate my abilities.
                      Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                      To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Being currently wheeless, my current comments have mostly been from friends saying either "Where's your wheel?" or "Man, I'm seeing unicycles all over the place now!" To which I do a Burns-ish finger movement whilst saying "Excellent..."

Comment

Not sure if any one said this, but when they say as im riding "Hey can you ride that?"

Chase
                          All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
                          R.I.P Unibiker
                          R.I.P Gazzaloddi
                          R.I.P Paul Hester
                          R.I.P James Doohan
                          R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
                          R.I.P Peter Jennings
                          R.I.P Pope John Paul II
                          R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
                          YAMS

Last edited by THE dave and Sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 PM

Comment

Originally posted by Unitik908
                            Not sure if any one said this, but when they say as im riding "Hey can you ride that?"
                            We did that one as a cartoon in the On One Wheel back in 1983. It showed a guy riding a giraffe, and a litle kid on the ground saying something like "Hey, can you really ride that?" The guy on the giraffe just has a grim expression on his face.

Yesterday I got the very common kid question "How do you *do* that?" As I was passing by I just said "Like this!"
                            John Foss
                            www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Riding on my 20", using my 26" ultimate wheel as a steering wheel, you get a lot of people looking strange at you..

A comment i got was "Oh my god! Using the spare wheel for steering? Clever thinking!"

I say hello to allmost everybody i meet, and i do a couple of circles once in a while, just to show it's working properly!
                              I <3 my unicycle!

Comment

Originally posted by Unitik908

Chase
                                I had one kid say, "Mommy, (while I was riding) she CAN'T ride that!! He seemed quite upset that I was interfering with his understanding of reality.
                                Raphael never stopped being my hero.

Comment

Working...
                                X