Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daino149
    The best comment I got was from a road biker while on a Century ride... "Man, you got balls!"
    Easy. If you were riding your unicycle in a century ride, you've got balls!

I remember once when I was in the middle of a very long ride on my old 45" big wheel with "regular, old-school Schwinn" seat. A guy holding a beer on the side of the trail said "You're nuts!" My reply? "That's all I've been thinking about these pase few miles--my nuts!"

For Jagur:
    Actually I did do a search. I looked for "quote of the day" and there wan't one. That's what this thread is. We're good for a couple of weeks at this point...
    John Foss
    www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Today's quote:

From a kid outside the "high school for bad kids" I pass on my way to work:
      "Look, a unicyclin' fool!"
      Accompanied by "Aw YEAH!" from another.

Not bad for a group of teenagers.
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Little sister (5yo or so) of non riding friend who was watching TWNR:

Wow, did you learn that from an acrobat ?!?!?
        UnicycleGlidecam.com
        RoundCircleMedia.com

Comment

To me with a coker:

"All I have to say is that's pretty bada$$"

Comment

Last weekend, when I was the third Coker rider passing a family on the Thames tow path:

Daddy:

"Look he is riding on one wheel."

3YO boy:

"Why?" (is this the most used word by 3YO's?!?)

Me:

"Because it's fun" - this was the only suitable answer I could think in the time frame which a toddler would understand.

Later in Richmond Park I was about 100m behind the first Coker and heard the parent telling another child:

"Look there's the other half" - This made me laugh as I have never heard it before.

Comment

I live in west philly, so ive heard...

Kid: yo, that man chillin on 30's
              Me: actually its a 36
              Kid: Aw, snap!

Also, my personal favorite from an old lady:

"I been done busted my a$$ tryin' to ride that!"

The meaning here is obviously that she would get hurt if she tried, but has english been degraded so far as that's what comes out of your mouth when you try to say it?
              "No one is taller than the last man standing"
              The deadline for all complaints was yesterday.

Comment

"Can you do any tricks on that?"--a lady after watching me hop up a bench and do a unispin

Comment

While tackling a technical, rocky descent on Mount Tamalpais:

"Does your mom know you do that?"

Comment

While riding Tom Lee Park downtown Memphis, TN next to the might Mississippi River...

guy: Where's the other half of your bike?

me: What? This is my bike. I just took off all the useless accessories!

Comment

Yesterday while riding a bridge over a freeway, a guy in his pickup truck opens the passenger window. He leans out while matching my 13mph and passes me his business card. He says, "Please take this and call me. I gotta get me one of those." And he takes off.

Turns out he and his son have been riding for years; they own many unicycles but have never heard of Cokers, unicycle.com, unicyclist.com etc.

---Nathan

Comment

a month ago I rode through (literally) a posse of youngsters .
                        I saluted them politely : the gang alpha male was baffled and exclaimed "Well man that's FRESH!"
                        One Wheel : bear necessity
                        (Abuello RodoMancat)

Comment

I got a "whoooaaaa duuuuuuuude" last weekend. Felt better than all the usual negative remarks
                          "Hedgehogs - why can't they just share the hedge?" (Dan Antopolski)

"I would absolutely recommend a 29er to anyone who didn't prefer a larger or small wheel." (Mikefule)

Comment

Originally posted by nathan
                            He leans out while matching my 13mph and passes me his business card. He says, "Please take this and call me. I gotta get me one of those."
                            that is a very kewl way to gain a new unicyclist, or two

Happy (belated) Birthday, John!
                            Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
                            If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
                            harper
                            MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                            NAMASTE!
                            Dave

Comment

Riding to do errands in February with cycling tights on....

Woman in line in post office: "Wow! How do you get legs like that? Really nice! I work out all the time and still have chicken legs."

"Bicycling and unicycling, mostly unicycling."

Woman behind counter: "Yeah, he rides all over the place."

Made my day.
                              Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.
                              -- Dave Stockton

Comment

Kid at my school: "That's for babies!" (referring to unicycle)

My reply: "If so, you must be able to do it."

Kid: "I can do it, but I'm not gonna show ya!"

Comment

Working...
                                X