Clear All

• "Torker Torture"!!!!!!!

I had this idea for a uni film...

its simple...
    buy a torker cx.
    put a nice seat on it.
    and thrash it with trials!!

ride it till unridable!!!

take the psi to 50 and do a 5 foot drop!!!

rate this idea -1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-?

Not a bad idea. As long as you do a steady progression of abuse. Otherwise your video ends up being 10 seconds long once you taco the wheel on your first drop.

I think a better idea would be to fill the tire with pudding and then do a big drop.
    ----------------------------------
    dreamrapper.wordpress.com
    www.unicyclemax.com

Comment

or read colored corn syrup. that could be a good hidden feature for a video. just fill a tire too fat for the rim with varios condiments and dessert treats and land some heavy drops.

my vote is for mustard.
      Philip Barbosa

people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will... Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real... and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance of his unicycle.

Comment

That sounds like fun.

The filling with condiments type ideas sounds funny, but I question what's going to happen with the tire/tube combo when you hit. Shouldn't provide any bounce at all... maybe even dangerous!

There's only one way to find out.

Comment

The max psi is 60 on the 24 inch wheel.

And why bother with a drop? Riding it across a slope (not up and down) and the wheel will bend.

It did for me anyway.

I love the idea, but be careful. The small stunts will do a lot more damage than you may suppose.
          Giving a good title to a short story is like selling real estate to a small dog: it's an art unto itself, and it's completely futile, because no one reads short stories anyway, because obviously dogs have no need for real estate.

Comment

The first thing that would happen wouls be the axle breaking.I broke the axle on my old lx.
            sigpic

Comment

Heres a couple better ideas:

Save the money and buy better equipment for yourself.

Use the money to donate a unicycle to a club, or for use as a prize at a convention.

Buy love.
              SWAT Gallery
              SWAT webpage
              Arrow Racing
              Sixsixone

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde Mental

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended I can take no responsibility for my actions because I don't feel like it. Also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

Comment

Dude, you have way too much money.

David
                Album 481 - My Gallery

"Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have to watch we don't land in dog poop....." - dforbes

Comment

Yeah the first uni I had was a 24" lx, I ruined the axil and the cranks on my first 4 foot drop ever. I still have all the parts floating around the grage hopeing that some day I can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheObieOne3226
                    Heres a couple better ideas:

Save the money and buy better equipment for yourself.

Use the money to donate a unicycle to a club, or for use as a prize at a convention.

Buy love.
                    You can't buy love!
                    You may "help it" a bit, bit you can't actually buy it, and that really sucks.

Anyway, i think the other 2 advices are very noble and fair.
                    Last edited by lleberg; 2004-11-17, 09:59 AM.
                    I <3 my unicycle!

Comment

Re: &quot;Torker Torture&quot;!!!!!!!

Originally posted by total uni
                      rate this idea -1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-?
                      I rate it "It's your money."

But why kill a Torker, a perfectly good "regular" uni, great to learn on? If you want to kill something, you should get one of those crap tricycle-technology unicycles, like my old Troxel. You can find lots of them on eBay. Buy one cheap, and do the unicycling world a favor by destroying it!

Unfortunately it's been done (Universe I). When that video was first screened, most of the group I was with didn't understand this part. They thought it was too mean or destructive. That's because they didn't learn to ride on a Troxel. I thought it was one of the best parts of the whole film. Hilarious! How many times did I want to do that when I was trying to ride that piece of crap?
                      Last edited by johnfoss; 2004-11-17, 07:49 PM.
                      John Foss
                      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

How are you guys breaking your axles off of just 4' drops, you must have to land pretty damn hard. I've done 4 footers a whole bunch of times on my 24'' lx, all that happened was one of the cranks bent a little cause it wasnt tightened down all the way. You guys need to learn to absorb the falls better or something.
                        Uniclips Updated Sept
                        AIM: unicaw89
                        Last edited by God on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am

Comment

If you really want a rating, I'd give it a 0. Why trash a perfectly good learner uni? Use the money to buy something worthwhile.

Comment

Exactly, why trash a good uni when there are still old cottered hubs in this world.

I think I may have just found a way to retire several of mine.
                            Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
                            shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer

Comment

If you feel the great urge to waste your money like this than buy one of these: Here Click! I have always wondered how these would hold up to the slightest abuse, the question here is which will break first the cranks, the hub, or the entire wheel!?!?
                              Rest in pieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X