Magura brake mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magura brake mod

I have modified the blade from my old Magura HS22 and fitted it to my new HS11. I wasnít completely satisfied with the end of the original blade, as I said here , so I was going to bend it but I then thought Iíd use my old HS22 as a test so if it went wrong I could go back to the original.

It didnít go wrong and Iím really happy with the results. Iíve only tested it on the garden but it felt right strait away. Iíll put it to the test next week at BMW.

Hereís the pics.
    Attached Files

Beautiful! Do you mind if we link to this thread at www.unicycle.2ya.com? It's a handy modification for brake users.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_carter
      Beautiful! Do you mind if we link to this thread at www.unicycle.2ya.com? It's a handy modification for brake users.

Andrew
      I donít mind at all. Yeh sure link away.

Gary

Comment

That is nice Unicus. One question, is the front underside of the handle connected to the seat in anyway? It doesn't look so from the pic. It may snap on you if you come down from a hard landing on it.

Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by shabby
          That is nice Unicus. One question, is the front underside of the handle connected to the seat in anyway? It doesn't look so from the pic. It may snap on you if you come down from a hard landing on it.

Wayne.
          It is connected to the front of the seat.

The seat is a Viscount (with an air conversion) where the front bumper is originally attached with two inadequate screws that I have always replaced with machine screws and nuts. If you look at the handle there is a hole which is for access to the (larger) machine screw holding the handle and bumper to the front of the seat (dual purpose).

The handle is very solid and has stood up to many, many drops. There are some other photos of the handle and its prototype in the gallery somewhere; I canít access the gallery at the moment though!

Gary

Comment

I still canít access the gallery, Gilby maybe having problems with it again, if I remember itís not designed to handle the quantity it does. BTW what software does the gallery run on?

Gary

Comment

Working...
            X