More than I thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than I thought...

So apparently there a lot of banjo playing unicyclists. Banjo125, obviosuly plays, I play, and today a bumber sticker for banjo.com came alongside a unicycle.com bumpersticker in the box with my new seat post clamp.

Weird. I wonder if one naturally draws the other.

Does anyone else here play, can you play while riding? I can, but since I can't idle well I can't put on a show.
    Giving a good title to a short story is like selling real estate to a small dog: it's an art unto itself, and it's completely futile, because no one reads short stories anyway, because obviously dogs have no need for real estate.

Yeah what is the deal with getting a Banjo.com sticker with a unicycle.com order? I got one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayden
      Yeah what is the deal with getting a Banjo.com sticker with a unicycle.com order? I got one.
      John Drummond, owner of Unicycle.com, is a banjo player and he has recently started up Banjo.com.
      ------------Use my Email, not PMs please--------

Comment

Originally posted by Rayden
        The Drummonds who run Unicycle.com also run Banjo.com. John threatened to hold my latest uni order hostage unless I also ordered a banjo. Don't be surprised if you get tuning pegs instead of crank bolts with your next order.

Raphael Lasar
        Matawan, NJ

Disclaimer: The first sentence in the above is true. The second two sentences are jokes. They are meant to be humorous not serious. John did not hold my last order hostage for the reason stated above or any other reason. He sent it in a timely manner with all the parts I ordered. John and the entire staff of unicycle.com and banjo.com are fully capable of distinguishing unicycle parts from banjo parts. They will not send banjo parts with your unicycle order nor visa-versa (John, don't make me a liar). Darren Bedford will not begin including tawdry t-shirts with your next unicycle order unless you request one. Roger will not attempt to foist marmite or marmite based products on you if you order unicycles or any other unicycling paraphernalia from him.
        Last edited by JJuggle; 2004-06-15, 06:00 PM.
        Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
        To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Originally posted by JJuggle
          Roger will not attempt to foist marmite or marmite based products on you if you order unicycles or any other unicycling paraphernalia from him.
          I can hear lots of Americans thinking "aww, dammit..."

Phil
          "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."

Comment

Originally posted by phil

I can hear lots of Americans thinking "aww, dammit..."
            In this context and in the interest of predictable cross-Atlantic cultural relations, I believe you are required to refer to us as "Yanks".

Thank you very much,
            Raphael Lasar
            Matawan, NJ
            Last edited by JJuggle; 2004-06-15, 06:44 PM.
            Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
            To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Did anyone else notice that if you take a midi file with "Onto us a child is born" from Händels "Messiah" and change the instruments to banjo, parts of it sounds kinda like duelling banjos?
              What happens on the internet stays on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Borges
                Did anyone else notice that if you take a midi file with "Onto us a child is born" from Händels "Messiah" and change the instruments to banjo, parts of it sounds kinda like duelling banjos?
                Why yes, I did notice that. What an amazing coincidence.

Raphael Lasar
                Matawan, NJ
                Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Why yes, I did notice that. What an amazing coincidence.

Raphael Lasar
                  Matawan, NJ
                  Or is it??

Comment

I could use some wood finish and a mute. And maybe some new strings if I keep playing the way I have. If I order unicycle and banjo parts in the same hour will I get them in the same box? It would be economical.
                    Giving a good title to a short story is like selling real estate to a small dog: it's an art unto itself, and it's completely futile, because no one reads short stories anyway, because obviously dogs have no need for real estate.

Comment

Roger will not attempt to foist marmite or marmite based products on you if you order unicycles or any other unicycling paraphernalia from him.
                      Ahhh.... I was working on that one. You have let it out of the bag now. :-(

Roger
                      ++++++++++++++++++
                      Roger Davies
                      Unicycle.com in the UK
                      The UK's Unicycle Source
                      www.unicycle.co.uk
                      +++++++++++++++++++

Comment

i play banjo but i havn't tried while riding
                        Last edited by ned; 2004-06-17, 03:33 PM.

Comment

It requires a lot of elbow flapping, at least on bumby ground.

Comment

Working...
                          X