Dual hole 125/150 square taper (cotterless) cranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gockie View Post

I rode something like 20kms on a 36er without the spacer and after that, they were always a bit loose, couldn’t be tightened well.
    Well, I don't think any aluminum crank would survive that. In a steel spindle vs. aluminum crank battle, the steel will always win.

Loose pedals, ditto. Crank will lose. I just had to replace a nice Shimano bike crank because a pedal briefly got loose.

I didn't like the cross section of the original Venture cranks. They removed material from the edges instead of the middle, which is backwards for strength - you want more material at the outside, and ideally hollow in the middle. The newer Ventures fixed that. Other than that they seem like nice cranks, and I never had any problems with my two pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by MrImpossible View Post

Well, I don't think any aluminum crank would survive that. In a steel spindle vs. aluminum crank battle, the steel will always win.

Loose pedals, ditto. Crank will lose. I just had to replace a nice Shimano bike crank because a pedal briefly got loose.

I didn't like the cross section of the original Venture cranks. They removed material from the edges instead of the middle, which is backwards for strength - you want more material at the outside, and ideally hollow in the middle. The newer Ventures fixed that. Other than that they seem like nice cranks, and I never had any problems with my two pairs.
      Fair call guys.
      If you are female please join the Female Unicyclists! group on Facebook!

Comment

Well my two extra sets of dual-holed SHW cranks arrived. I now have dual or triple holed cranks for all my unicycles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0737.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	2803917

Comment

Working...
        X