Custom John Deere Nimbus Hatchet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom John Deere Nimbus Hatchet

I've had this idea in my head for a loooooong time so I finally decided to do something about it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	John Deere Nimbus Hatchet-1.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	2802558
    I've colour coded everything including the rim tape and the brake hose clips. I designed the decals myself and got them professionally made. It's brand new, never been ridden. It's also for sale, so if you're interested, shoot me a message.

This is the second themed unicycle I've made. I quite enjoy doing them so if you have something in mind, let me know and we can make it happen.

Enjoy!

Edd
    www.stfulondon.co.uk

I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd. - Boogie

Wow nice job. that looks very professional.
    24" Torker LX
    29" UDC Trainer
    32" UDC trainer

Comment

Beautifully done! Expect a letter from John Deere's legal department.

So why don't you want it?
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
        Beautifully done! Expect a letter from John Deere's legal department.

So why don't you want it?
        Thanks John.
        Fat unes aren't for me. I don't live anywhere near deep sand or snow and they ride like shit on anything other than that.
        www.stfulondon.co.uk

I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd. - Boogie

Comment

Originally posted by Eddbmxdude View Post

Thanks John.
          Fat unes aren't for me. I don't live anywhere near deep sand or snow and they ride like shit on anything other than that.
          Fatties are for me, so I disagree.

And there are some Surly Moonlanders custom made in this John Deere color scheme on the interweb.

Last edited by fetzenschorsch; 2020-03-04, 09:09 AM.
          Oldest kid in town - neighbour

Comment

I think the fatty is heavy enough to ride even without snow or mud. I like how easy it is to mount and it is basically a cool beast. Maybe your next fatty should be styled like a race car or something. Tractors signify slowness, even though the ride over everything. ^_^ But it does look cool. Will you sell it at a discount or for more than new-value as it already is an expensive ride. I bought mine for 750 euros or something, if I remember correctly.

Comment

It is cool, but a bit of a novelty for me. I wouldn't ride it so I have no use for it. I just really wanted to build it because I'd been thinking about it for so long.

It's a brand new Nimbus Hatchet, it's only ever come out of the box for this build. It will be sold in it's original packaging, as you would receive it from UDC. I definitely can't sell it for discount. The asking price is 1000 but that's negotiable.
              www.stfulondon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Eddbmxdude View Post
                It is cool, but a bit of a novelty for me. I wouldn't ride it so I have no use for it. I just really wanted to build it because I'd been thinking about it for so long.

It's a brand new Nimbus Hatchet, it's only ever come out of the box for this build. It will be sold in it's original packaging, as you would receive it from UDC. I definitely can't sell it for discount. The asking price is 1000 but that's negotiable.
                That makes it a real collector's item. The stock uni, you can get it for about 650 GBP from municycle.com. you could possibly sell it to the local John Deere dealer who would place it in the show room as a prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Setonix View Post
                  Tractors signify slowness, even though the ride over everything. ^_^
                  I mean if this doesn't describe a Hatchet, I don't know what does.

Really sick build, Edd. Hopefully, we'll see some more customs soon.

Racing car would be sick but not suited to a Hatchet. Maybe a deep-blue Subaru Impreza WRC styled 27.5" MUni?

Comment

My vote: Next one should be a fast uni in Gulf design.

Comment

That's one I've actually been thinking about.
                      www.stfulondon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kunstrasen View Post
                        My vote: Next one should be a fast uni in Gulf design.
                        I like the colours and the fat back wheel. Alternately a monster truck would also do. It is more sporty than a tractor and has the race element. Those Monster Trucks on Google all look quite pimped up with the painting, so you can go any way. The horns below would be an orange T-Bar, though I doubt anyone would put a T-bar on a hatchet. ^_^

Click image for larger version

Name:	553211-264025-34.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	2802582

Comment

I specifically went with the tractor theme because it compliments the characteristics of the Hatchet. Big, fat and goes over anything but maybe not the fastest or most agile.

Gulf colours definitely wouldn't suit a fat une. The GT40 is sleek and fast and it needs to be on a une that represents that. I think a 29er or 36 is more fitting.

www.stfulondon.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X