Stilts . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stilts . . . .

In Rec.juggling they were talking about stilts and juggling and how easy it is.
    Actually, we found (Bill Karbo (from Minnesota) and I) that passing clubs on a 6
    foot was easier than on a small uni (providing that someone is around to pick up
    the dropped clubs, of course). Since stilts are more stable than unicycles we
    got a feed going where the person on stilts was the point for the feed. I'm sure
    it looked impressive (I couldn't tell how it looked becuase I was to busy
    catching, balancing and throwing).

Has anybody else done anything like this?

________________________________________________________________________ __
    Andy B. Cotter CAE UW - Madison cotter@cae.wisc.edu Application Support

Re: Stilts . . . .

[color={usenetquotecolor}]>In Rec.juggling they were talking about stilts and juggling and how easy it is.[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>Actually, we found (Bill Karbo (from Minnesota) and I) that passing clubs on a[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>6 foot was easier than on a small uni (providing that someone is around to pick[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>up the dropped clubs, of course). Since stilts are more stable than unicycles[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>we got a feed going where the person on stilts was the point for the feed. I'm[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>sure it looked impressive (I couldn't tell how it looked becuase I was to busy[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>catching, balancing and throwing).[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>Has anybody else done anything like this?[/color]

Some members of the Wood One Wheelers juggle on giraffes, right? Do
    they pass?

Craig Milo Rogers See you in Adrian, MI

Comment

Re: Stilts . . . .

According to Craig Milo Rogers:
      * >In Rec.juggling they were talking about stilts and juggling and how easy
      * >it is. Actually, we found (Bill Karbo (from Minnesota) and I)
      * >that passing clubs on a 6 foot was easier than on a small uni (providing
      * >that someone is around to pick up the dropped clubs, of course). Since
      * >stilts are more stable than unicycles we got a feed going where the
      * >person on stilts was the point for the feed. I'm sure it looked
      * >impressive (I couldn't tell how it looked becuase I was to busy catching,
      * >balancing and throwing).
      * >
      * >Has anybody else done anything like this?
      * Some members of the Wood One Wheelers juggle on giraffes, right?
      * Do they pass?

The Wood One Wheelers (WOW) juggle on there tall ones (6',8',10',12') in
      parades. I have never seen them pass on the ground much less on the the tall
      ones. Jay Gillagen (a WOW member), who took some place in the Junior
      Championships at IJA has the ability to pass on the tall ones but I have never
      seen him do it.

The WOW club has a solid parade performance that involves many unicyclists
      (about 40) and looks impressive. They have many tall unicycles which adds to
      their performance. They ride 10' and 12' unicycles in the parades. I think they
      are the only club to ride this tall of unicyle in a parade. Parade routes can be
      quite uneven and bumpy at times with the added confusion of small unicycles (and
      parade participants) milling below. I ride a 8' in parades and even though I
      haven't fallen down in a parade in a couple of years, I have had a few close
      ones. On a 8', your feet sting when hitting the pavement (grass doesn't hurt the
      feet). But 10' and 12' unicycles can do more than hurt the feet if a dismount is
      not properly executed. One member of the WOW club, a little girl, (probably not
      so little any more) rides a 10' unicyle. It looks very impressive seeing a
      little girl way up in the air on a 10' unicycle. The WOW club is currently the
      biggest club in North America with about 100 riders. They are located in either
      Finnely or Bowling Green Ohio.

________________________________________________________________________ __
      Andy B. Cotter Two months until the National cotter@cae.wisc.edu Unicycle Meet!

Comment

Working...
      X