Broken Bones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David_Stone

Those x-rays you guys have submitted are AMAZING, as are the stories. I think Dustin wins for domestic and Ken wins for international. Maybe not 'wins'
    you're right, "loser" is more appropriate. I had my third surgery back in December...haven't been on a trail since November. I'm still too weak to do the kind of riding that I would like...it bites.
    dustin kelm isa40:30.31

"You are only limited by your imagination."

Comment

Sry i dont have any x-rays for yall, but yes i have, I broke my; Finger twice, my left foot, my left ankle, my right big toe.......and I spraine my ankle half a dozen times a year, and get scared up pretty badly and bruised up, my worst bruising was when i first did vert ramps......
      Uniclips Updated Sept
      AIM: unicaw89
      Last edited by God on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am

Comment

Originally posted by Krashin'Kenny
        I am pleased to say that after 8 months of unicycling, I haven't had any serious injuries YET!!!!!!!
        However : bicycling= broken hand, dislocated shoulder
        dirtbike= broken hand, 2 dislocated fingers, broken neck (twice, first time C1, second time C7) 3 concussions
        All these injuries were on seperate occassions, so much for aging gracefully
        Now i know why your crash tested....but ive had more concusions
        Uniclips Updated Sept
        AIM: unicaw89
        Last edited by God on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am

Comment

You guys make me feel like I'm not trying hard enough. I only had a sprained wrist before I wore gloves...

Comment

I guess I am just too careful. If there is something I don't dare I won't do it. Most riding is on paved roads or XC, but nothing that would give me broken bones. I regularly UPD, but 99% of the time land on my feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Setonix View Post
              I guess I am just too careful. If there is something I don't dare I won't do it. Most riding is on paved roads or XC, but nothing that would give me broken bones. I regularly UPD, but 99% of the time land on my feet.
              I tell people all the time that unicycling is safer than skateboarding. I fall all the time (on both) and I've never been injured on a uni. Skateboarding on the other hand...

Comment

I would have to change my vote. In 2007 I broke my collar bone in a ~15mph Coker crash from shoelace wrap-up.
                John Foss
                www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Mt worst accident was a bad case of petal bite on the back of my right calf.
                  8 months later you can still see the mark on my leg.
                  If your not sore, your not ridin' long enough!

Comment

Dislocation

My worst so far is a right dislocated pinkie finger. After several falls on a 5-mile mountain uni ride, this happened in the last quarter mile. I wasn't sure if it was broken or not, since there was a little blood coming from the injury location. I had to pick up the unicycle, clamber up and out of the trail, drive home, take the dog out, shower, go to the ER to have x-rays and get it set back in place, then pick up my wife at the airport to go to a supper out with friends. It was interesting explaining the splint and gauze at the airport and learning a new way to eat with my dominant hand :-/
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Uni Klein View Post
                      My worst accident was a bad case of petal bite on the back of my right calf.
                      Patience, young Padawan, I'm sure you will get an "upgrade" as long as you stick with this sport.
                      John Foss
                      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

After 4+ years of light trials, occasional light muni, a moderate amount of freestyle and some distance riding, a 3-spike pedal bite during a brief moment of stupidity at the end of a distance ride is by far the worst unicycling injury I have ever had, and once I had applied a large bandage offered by a thoughtful fellow unicyclist, I was riding again in minutes.

More serious unicycling injuries may be my destiny, but in general unicycling has actually made me safer because it has caused me to spend less time riding my bike. A bike can reach very dangerous speeds when traveling downhill, and it lacks maneuverability and doesn't disappear behind you when you fall off, plus where I live, it's illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk, regardless of traffic conditions, so bicyclists are sometimes forced to choose between the risk of a dangerous encounter with law enforcement or a dangerous encounter with a delivery truck. Sidewalk unicyclists do get ticketed from time to time, but all the ones I know said they fought it in court using the "It's not a bike" defence and won.

Comment

Working...
                        X