• Show
Clear All

• Stanley Park Bike Festival

I planned to ride Vanvouver sea wall with my kid,she's never seen the ocean
    ,should fun, on Sunday and I hear there's uni demos going on near English
    bay.Cool I guess I'll bring the Coker.
    See you guy's there ,whoever you are??

Tim

Greetings to unicyclists who will be in Vancouver, BC, this weekend!

This Sunday, June 15, from 8:30am until noon, is the Stanley Park Bike Festival (www.stanleyparkbikefest.ca), a newly annual event that focuses on the impact and importance of human powered transportation. The festival will include a competitive road bike race (Brockton Criterium), kids events, a bike exposition (including trials riders the Baia Bros, freerider Wade Simmons, inline skating and bike commuting workshops, bike maintenance workshops, PedalPower, Dinosaurs, etc.)…and (drum roll please)...the Vancouver Unicycle Club is going to be there to introduce the Festival to the wonderful world of one wheel!!!

We will be located in east end of the parking lot to the south of the Brockton Point totem poles (see http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/park...s/SPDetail.gif for a map of Stanley Park).

Our club will be giving unicycle demonstrations and public workshops at 8:45, 9:30, 10:15, and 11:15 am (NEW TIMES AS OF LAST NIGHT!).

We will chat with the crowd about the sport of unicycling: the cool things you can do with a unicycle (e.g. trials, muni, freestyle, commuting, working and, most importantly, just unicycling because you can!), demonstrate basic skills (or more, depending on what skills are available), and the different types of unicycles. After that there will be a questions, and members of the public can give a few of the unicycles a go!

We need people to speak, to demonstrate skills/riding styles, to help convert bicyclists into born-again unicyclists, and/or to just hang out!

This is a really cool opportunity to play around on our uni's at a neat event! C’mon down! Help us out with the demos and play around with your fellow unicyclists! Bring the kids and check out the site! For more information or to let us know that you are planning to join in, send me an email at wireworm@telus.net.

Thanks,
    andrea

Hey Tim:

Looking forward to meeting you and your kid! Let me know if you need any help with directions (parts of Stanley Park will be closed to car traffic for the morning, but if you are driving in from out of town, you should be able to find street or lot parking nearby in downtown Vancouver).

Link to downtown parking lot locations:
    http://lots.impark.com/search.asp?su...evel=2&city=Va
    Last edited by slugbath; 2003-06-12, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Re: Stanley Park Bike Festival

"tvoth" <tvoth@netidea.com> wrote in message
      news:bca05201k17@enews1.newsguy.com...
      > I planned to ride Vanvouver sea wall with my kid,she's never seen the

ocean
      > ,should fun, on Sunday and I hear there's uni demos going on near English
      > bay.Cool I guess I'll bring the Coker.
      > See you guy's there ,whoever you are??
      >
      > Tim

See you there. http://tinyurl.com/e759

Comment

I'll be at the bike fest. It should be great. We'll show case the Vancouver unicycling club and we'll be able to let non-unicyclers to have a go at the one wheeler. Plus, we'll be right next to the Seawall, the beauty of the Park and the ocean views.

I hope everyone in and around Vancouver will be able to make it down there on Sunday.
        Hope to see you there.

Comment

hastings park

Just got back from hastings park,it's fun riding in the city on the big one ,major intersections are scary.Vancouver is a great city ,awesome food too.

Comment

Working...
          X