Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handride

hi,

I can now ride my uni with my hands on the pedals and feet in the air. (Riding backwards)
    My question : how do i begin to learn to ride forward?
    Freestylin' at http://users.pandora.be/chilli

I'm not telling until we see the video.
    Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
    shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer

Comment

yea, and i'm not telling til' I learn how

I dont know how many people ride with hands on a regular uni. I know that Guy Hansen, and i think some guy from Japan can pedal with hands(they both performed it for the opening Unicon cerimonies). Dunno who else tho? Anyboody know??

Comment

A.S.A.P i will film myself doing the 'handride' !

Stan in Belgium (the country where i live) can do it backwards too. Julien monney (Switzerland) can do the 'handride' forwards !
        Julien is not on this forum i think, so if someone else can explain it too me how to ride forwards... Or someone who can give some tips... It's all welcome

greets

Comment

And here I was thinking it'd be easier to go forward. I might start trying to learn this trick/skill. It looks fun.

Andrew

Comment

Well

I can fly.
            Everyone is Entitled to my Opinion.

Comment

Riding forwards is very simple. Just get on the unicycle the opposite way so the seat is facing the opposite direction that it's normally facing when you handride. BAM, now you're riding forward!
              If I had a signature, would you forge it?

Comment

Re: handride

Yo Chillie, I was able to handride (bw) for over 100m. Since you're from B maybe we should meet?

Leo Vandewoestijne,
                unicycle.nl and be as well.
                unicycle.show
                unicycle.blog
                unicycle.builders
                +1 866 UNI-CYCL

Comment

Hi leo,
                  (let's talk englisch, because the rest would understand us too)

Yes i would very like to meet you !
                  There will be a meeting for unicyclists in Belgium next month. Julien Monney will also be there and will give some workshops..

Date : March 1 (saturday)
                  (see : http://www.geocities.com/circusdagieper for more details...)

Maybe we can see each-other there?

My personal record of handriding is about 10 meters i think, but I'm working on it

Riding forwards is very simple. Just get on the unicycle the opposite way so the seat is facing the opposite direction that it's normally facing when you handride. BAM, now you're riding forward!
                  ==> LOL !

Greets

Comment

Unfortunatley, I don't have any real advice, but if you got ahold of Guy Hansen, he could give you some real help. That guy is amazing! Not only can he ride with his hands, he can pedal with his hands, wheel walk with hands, and has a special unicycle that he rides one-handed with! (it has bike grips instead of pedals)

sorry for the lack of real information, I just saw, 'riding with hands' and thought, Guy Hansen!

-have fun, and wear a helmet

Comment

Guy Hansen
                      is the one who stimulate me to pick up practicing this trick after a very bad fall (pedal in my face, almost blind).

Chilli, I've catched that news in Brussels at the Velo Expo.
                      So, -even while it's almost in France- I try to be there.

Leo.
                      unicycle.show
                      unicycle.blog
                      unicycle.builders
                      +1 866 UNI-CYCL

Comment

what's the 'optimum' seat height for such a trick?

Can you hand ride your unicycle that's set for leg riding? Or do you need a VERY short uni?
                        Happy Life Day

Comment

You don't have to change the height of your seat, the height of your seat don't have to be lower...

So gl&hf with practising this new skill/level !
                          is the one who stimulate me to pick up practicing this trick after a very bad fall (pedal in my face, almost blind).
                          => Auwch!!

Comment

I use my usual seat height. I know Julian does to. Hoever I used the pedals of Sem Abrahams (like you sometimes see on these special wheelchairs). The forces I used were killing the muscles of my hands.
                            I might be mistaken but I guess Guy Hansen advised me to -in deed- put the uni in reverce (back in front) it seems to be better for your kidneys.
                            unicycle.show
                            unicycle.blog
                            unicycle.builders
                            +1 866 UNI-CYCL

Comment

I found this picture of that Guy Hansen guy on John Foss' website. Here is a direct link to his page of distance, height, etc. records. Scroll down and you will see this Guy guy riding with his hands, you will notice that his stomach is not on the seat. He is simply tilting over from the standard riding position. Looks like it hurts, but it actually doesn't.
                              http://www.unicycling.org/unicycling/btdt/fhs.html
                              Neshan, the lone unicyclist...

Comment

Working...
                              X