my static freemount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UniMyra View Post
    So you're eating and drinking coffee while fighting traffic on a brakeless 36" with 125 cranks. Pretty bad ass. You're too cool for scool dude!
    Nah, not really. As I have always admitted I am a very basic rider.

Anyway, in case you know it, it is the Kaffebrenneriet on L°renveien that I sometimes go to. I head in the Sinsenkrysset direction. This road is fairly flat at that point and has both a basic cycle lane or a wide pavement (sidewalk / fortau). There is only one crossing I hit before I am likely to have finished at least the cinnamon bun (Kanelbolle) that I typically buy, and it is not so busy, so low risk and effort IMHO. Plus I generally slow down as I eat and drink. I do however go right past Sinsen school, around the time they are starting their day, so probably amuse the kids with my silliness.

As I am sure you saw (since I commented previously both here and on twitter), I was once filmed by someone (well a celeb, not just anyone! ) coming out of a different place, ┼pent Bakeri Torshov. That time I was on the 26 and only bought a cinnamon bun (no coffee), so mounted with one hand. You actually can see the bun in my hand as I leave if you look carefully.

And yes, I have a weakness for these things but hey the unicycling keeps me slim so I figure why not. Still, it did cause my wife to question how often I waste money buying snacks on my way into work, when someone sent her the video.

Originally posted by UniMyra View Post
    He can't mount up hill however.
    Uphill mounts are always the worst. I recall a video you made where you mount facing downhill and hop to turn around. Sadly I never taught myself this but I do a slight variant where I mount facing downhill, ride just a little to get some momentum and then do a sharp turn to face the correct way and continue. It sometimes works and saves me having to walk up the entire slope first to get back on the uni.
    Last edited by ruari; 2020-01-21, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ruari View Post
      And yes, I have a weakness for these things but hey the unicycling keeps me slim so I figure why not. Still, it did cause my wife to question how often I waste money buying snacks on my way into work, when someone sent her the video.

Uphill mounts are always the worst. I recall a video you made where you mount facing downhill and hop to turn around. Sadly I never taught myself this but I do a slight variant where I mount facing downhill, ride just a little to get some momentum and then do a sharp turn to face the correct way and continue. It sometimes works and saves me having to walk up the entire slope first to get back on the uni.
      Unicycling only keeps you slim when you do it more than once a week, I reckon. That is why I have to do extra sporting now. Occasionally my wife finds receipts from places where I get much lunch, when I don't want to eat the bread from my lunchbox and she also asks how often I waste my money on snacks.
      A few times I tried mounting perpendicular to an incline and then only had to hop 90║C to start rolling uphill. This made it at least easier to mount, because you don't have to hop up so high. Facing downwards, I always hop too fast and end up jumping over the uni. A 90 degree turn is also easier than a 180.

Comment

Working...
      X