• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a motorbike version of this:

https://twitter.com/LeikKiel/status/1132682828683067393

Comment

Rok Straps

ROK Straps are all you need to securely mount a unicycle to the back of a motorcycle. I have never owned a car and bring my unis with me everywhere.

The largest wheel size I've fitted to the back of my versys 650 is a 29" wheel, and I didn't have to disassemble it whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by dkny View Post
        ROK Straps are all you need to securely mount a unicycle to the back of a motorcycle. I have never owned a car and bring my unis with me everywhere.

The largest wheel size I've fitted to the back of my versys 650 is a 29" wheel, and I didn't have to disassemble it whatsoever
        Oh strapping it to the bike is not the issue, I can strap anything to a motorcycle, and I have haha. I've even had a 36'er with a spare tire vertical on one of my bikes so I could still lane split.

The point is to find a more elegant solution that isn't a hassle. As I'm already carrying a full sized duffel + 1 or 2 grocery bag coolers for my weeks worth of food, an ukulele and rock climbing gear. Oh, and I still need to be able to lane split as well since I commute over 2-1/2 hours a day and it significantly cuts down my time and keeps me safe. So just strapping it on top of everything else isn't really going to cut it. When it comes time to pack up for the week, this process needs to be simplified because the more and more items that get added on... the more it becomes a hassle and the less likely I am to bring it along.

This isn't the only thing I'm currently working on in regards to more efficient luggage transport. I did just find a good deal on a very large sized waterproof top box which will allow me to keep my permanent items on the bike instead of carrying them around in my backpack every day (motorcycle tools, rain gear, rock climbing gear, etc)

I'm the kind of person that likes to come up with new creative solutions to make life easier. And until I can afford a van conversion and switch over to a smaller dual sport, everything is going to live on my bike with me.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've pretty much got the idea down for a really simple mount to go on the back behind a top box, with the wheel standing vertical on top of the box, and the frame pointing down diagonally towards the ground behind the bike. This still leaves me with a good amount of room in front of the top box, as well as the entire inside of the top box for storage. The unicycle would be a pretty quick on off with 2 straps. The top box has mounting points so I will be able to go across with one loop over the rim and tire where it makes contact with the box, to hold it in place. The other mounting position would be on a plate I will fabricate that extends past the top box on the back of the bike (won't be doing any 12 o'clock wheelies I guess) and I'm trying to find a good rubber cradle of some kind. I like the kind used on bike racks, but they're all made to mount on a tube. I just need something I can drill through and mount to a plate. I did think of rubber Y stoppers used for boat trailers, and I'm trying to come up with other items that might be ready-made like that, as the neck of the unicycle or the seatpost will rest against it and be strapped down. Anyone have an idea?

EDIT: Found these portable guitar neck cradles that might work, something like this. Must be weatherproof
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dane M; 2020-01-19, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X