Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pierrox View Post
    Sorry to hear that! I feel you.

Today for me? Third week of no uni because I tore a muscle on the front of my upper thigh. Physiotherapist said "no sports" for a while until the tear is wounded.
    Happened on a pretty harsh rear dismount...
    “No sports for a while until the tear is wounded”? Well, I think that means you can ride now
    Last edited by Gockie; 2020-01-10, 09:56 AM.
    If you are female please join the “Female Unicyclists!” group on Facebook!

Comment

Today for me? Third week of no uni because I tore a muscle on the front of my upper thigh. Physiotherapist said "no sports" for a while until the tear is wounded.
      Ouch, that is a lot worse. I hope the recovery is fast!

Comment

Really sorry to hear about that, pierrox. I'll add my wishes for a full and timely recovery, having had a few of those, "I'm not the kid I once was," events along the way. Time and rest and good care should fix it.

Comment

damn pierrox that's harsh, wishing for a speedy and solid recovery for you
          24" Torker LX
          29" UDC Trainer
          32" UDC trainer

Comment

Ditto.
            Hope you get well soon pieroxx

Comment

The Wound

Hope you have a total recovery, my last accident (non-uni) has me considering selling off some of the faster of the herd. 29er schlumpf, 36'' and the like.

Comment

Thanks guys!
                Counting the days. It started before xmas so I think mid next week I should be able to ride. No pain left for the past week, but I don't want to take a chance!

Comment

I hadn't really expected this thread to take off, being an idea from a motorcycle forum. So here is my rant:
                  My wife had been complaining that I've gotten fat since she moved to NL from Thailand and thought it was time I started jogging, which I did 4 times last week. Unicycling sure makes me sweaty at each trip but, now that I have the technique right, it takes longer to start burning fat, I reckon. Beside that she has never been too supportive in my hobby, so I generally only ride on Saturdays. As I hadn't run in at least a year, I got quite a lot of muscle ache this week. Never the less, I love unicycling, so I rode the 32" for 10km this morning and right after took the 29" muni off-roading. Now my legs are killing me again.
                  Not sure what has happened, but lately I've had more problems free-mounting. It just stand and look at my pedal and kinda build up focus to get on. I've been riding the 32" with 140mm and today it took about 5 times to mount, though the 29" was instant. When I look at those youtube vidz of peeps just getting on without thought, I get jealous and tell myself, I should prolly focus on just mounting again.

Comment

Thanks guys!
                    Counting the days. It started before xmas so I think mid next week I should be able to ride. No pain left for the past week, but I don't want to take a chance!

Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ruari View Post
                      So since (as you point out) the weather is suitable for a 36'er here in Oslo I switched back to it for the commute today.

Sadly I think I have had too much time away on the 26'er and was not used to how the bigger wheel moved underneath me. I had the worst UDP I have had in a while on the way back and crashed hard to the floor as I went up a slight hill. Completely flat on my front. No lasting damage (just minor brusing) but it certainly hurt and wounded my pride a little when some kind person rushed over to help me. Not least because I got the impression they wondered why I was doing this when I was clearly so bad at it. Oh well...
                      Norway is one of the best countries in the world to UPD in with it's free medical service and caring people. Even if it didn't quite work out, I'm happy that you took my advice, because people rarely do.
                      UniMyra's YouTube channel

Comment

Seat height

I raised the seat height on my 24" for the third time-- close to a 1/2 inch today. Every time I raise the height, the less effort it takes me to ride.

I suspect that if I keep raising the seat at some point it will take zero effort to ride...

Chief

Comment

Nothing, because I'm too scared to ride my unis.
                          It's -35C right now and it only warmed up to -25C today and with my luck they would shatter beneath me.

Anyways, I've been too busy under my house (crawlspace) trying to solve some water issues.
                          Great time for that though... I think I've narrowed it down to the jet pump.

Comment

Originally posted by BHChieftain View Post
                            I raised the seat height on my 24" for the third time-- close to a 1/2 inch today. Every time I raise the height, the less effort it takes me to ride.

I suspect that if I keep raising the seat at some point it will take zero effort to ride...

Chief
                            or your seat ends up floating above them uni :P and you will have to start thinking about getting a Giraffe

Comment

Originally posted by Canoeheadted View Post
                              It's -35C right now and it only warmed up to -25C today
                              I have never cycled when it is that cold. I can imagine it would be interesting. I'm not gonna hold it against you for avoiding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoeheadted View Post
                                Nothing, because I'm too scared to ride my unis.
                                It's -35C right now and it only warmed up to -25C today and with my luck they would shatter beneath me.

Anyways, I've been too busy under my house (crawlspace) trying to solve some water issues.
                                Great time for that though... I think I've narrowed it down to the jet pump.
                                Originally posted by ruari View Post
                                I have never cycled when it is that cold. I can imagine it would be interesting. I'm not gonna hold it against you for avoiding it.
                                You peeps should come here this time of year. The smoke from the fires are only noticeable 1-2 days a week and I think it’s improving. Promise.
                                If you are female please join the “Female Unicyclists!” group on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X