Best pictures of 2019 for World Unicycling Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pictures of 2019 for World Unicycling Calendar

Let's celebrate another amazing unicycling year, and post the best pictures of 2019 in this thread.

Also, I want to create the World Unicycling Calendar 2020, with (twelve) pictures exclusively from 2019.
    When finished, the calendar will be available for free to anyone as a pdf file to print a paper copy for yourself, and hang on your wall. I will post details in this thread once I'm done.
    I've made the World Unicycling Calendar since 2011. Previous calendars can be found in this forum (use the Search function).

For the calendar, I am looking for pictures that are spectacular, amazing, remarkable and/or funny, and have a WOW factor to them. This WOW factor may be based on expert riding, gorgeous scenery, picture quality (technically, compositionally) or other aspects, preferably in combination.
    I'd like to include a wide spectrum of disciplines such as muni, road riding, track racing, urban, freestyle, team sports, ...

I will consider any pictures that get posted (or linked) in this thread within the next two weeks or so. It's OK to post low-res, because if the picture would pass pre-selection I'll contact you for a high-res version.
    In addition, I will browse through the "Pictures of your latest ride" thread for posts made in 2019.

Hi Klaas,

here are some images for your kind consideration.
    The shots with the orange shirts are from Climbing for Life where we climbed the Ballon D'Alsace and the Plance Des Belles Filles with a group of 32 unicyclists.

The young lady is my daughter trying the 24" Muni for the first time
    Attached Files

Comment

2nd batch
      Attached Files

Comment

This one is from a recent trip to Moab, Utah
        Attached Files
        My videos!

Comment

Need a uni basketball pic? (More at the link).

Comment

Originally posted by Quax1974 View Post
            2nd batch
            I see you also have those "hooglandrunderen" blocking your way there. The bulls aren't easily scared, but last time as I wanted to pass some cows they panicked and started running. Then I did have to get off. On the Veluwe Natuurmonumenten write on the signs to keep them at a distance of at least 25 metres and at the same time stick to the paths. That often clashes.

I like the supergirl pic

Comment

I'm going to go through my 2019 pics and hope to fine something worthy. Problem with my local rides; most of them are scenery pictures, which I don't consider worthy without unicycles in them...

I love what Quax1974 has submitted! Got to include at least one of those charity ride photos. The group shots are good. I also like #4, the bull, and the young lady improperly riding her Hoverboard.

And I hope you can include one of Tom's pics from the PR tournament; that was a historic event. Too bad it didn't attract more unicyclists. Such an event might attract a lot more riders during the Northern Hemisphere's winter, or if you add more events to attract a wider audience. But for best results, I recommend they just host another Unicon for guaranteed results.
              John Foss
              www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

I dislike how this site has maximum photo sizes.....
                If you are female please join the Female Unicyclists! group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Gockie View Post
                  If the photo you want to post here is posted anywhere else on the internet it is easy to post larger quality photos on this site. Just paste the URL of the photo into the message with the little "image" icon above the message box.

Comment

Originally posted by Gockie View Post
                    Just reduce the photo's size before uploading.

Comment

If you decide to use any of these, please don't use these versions. Contact me to get the full res copies. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	530.3 KB
ID:	2461935

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	2461936

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	2461937
                      Last edited by Eddbmxdude; 2019-12-13, 07:26 AM.
                      www.stfulondon.co.uk

I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd. - Boogie

Comment

[ATTACH]73228[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73229[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73230[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73231[/ATTACH]
                        http://monocycle.info
                        http://www.leblogdumonocycle.fr/
                        CITY XTP 26", MUNI KH26" & KH29", ROAD Oracle 32" and KH36"
                        my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)

Comment

Originally posted by JimT View Post
                          If the photo you want to post here is posted anywhere else on the internet it is easy to post larger quality photos on this site. Just paste the URL of the photo into the message with the little "image" icon above the message box.
                          A problem with that is that URLs tend to go extinct. This week I browsed through Pictures of your latest ride, and just about every other picture is missing.

Comment

But uhm I kinda got stuck at the photo in the calendar from March 2019 with the 2 girls with red dresses on the freestyle unis. I really like it. Maybe I should hang it on its own, and quickly through december run through the other months of the calendar, so Im ready for the one for next year .
                            Thanks for your initiative of the calendar Klaas.

Comment

Haha, yes that is a beautiful picture.
                              BTW, you have posted 999 posts. Make something special for 1000! :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X