No announcement yet.

New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are clubs pretty solid? i am just looking for a uni for cardio..strengthen legs...eventually ride for a couple miles...i hope..... not for doing tricks...slowly i am losing weight...

Comment

Originally posted by scotty watty View Post
      Are clubs pretty solid? i am just looking for a uni for cardio..strengthen legs...eventually ride for a couple miles...i hope..... not for doing tricks...slowly i am losing weight...
      Clubs are solid, I suggest doing nothing extreme with the cranks though as it’s a cotterless Interface. The standard saddle on a club is very uncomfortable though and you might want to switch it.
      If you are female please join the “Female Unicyclists!” group on Facebook!

Comment

Hi @scotty watty, having read about you, I would suggest learning to ride a 20” uni first and you may need to get an extra long seat pole. You might be able to find someone to borrow the 20” uni from.

It will be safer to learn on than a 26er.
        Last edited by Gockie; 2019-11-17, 06:29 AM.
        If you are female please join the “Female Unicyclists!” group on Facebook!

Comment

Thank you Gockie..

Comment

Welcome scotty watty
            I just wanted to suggest an ankle brace as I read through this thread. When you need to put your feet down you're going to have to do it FAST! It might help prevent a sprained or twisted ankle I'm thinking of the kind that laces up and is worn inside your sneakers.
            I learned on a 20" Schwinn back in the late 70's and am 6' tall but very lightweight. Back then the only choices were 20 or 24, but I think I made the right choice. I think the smaller wheel is easier to control and keeps you closer to the ground making it easier to step on and off if your saddle is adjusted slightly low. Now that I can ride, a 26" actually suits my height and makes going anywhere less tedious. But a 20" can provide a pretty good workout without having to go very far, and in a pretty short amount of time too

Comment

Thanks everyone for your feedback...so helpful...

Comment

Working...
              X