Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vogelfrei80
    replied
    I found 32mm rim tape is perfect for going tubeless. I did spend a lot of time to get the tire right fitted, but now it is flat-proof

Leave a comment:

• bouin-bouin
    replied
    M4O hub has very small flanges, Swiss hub a little bit better but not a lot ; this is not good for spokes strength
    Last edited by bouin-bouin; 2020-03-07, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vogelfrei80
    replied
    If anyone is interested: lightest 100mm ISIS 32H hub (no disc) seems the Mad4One CrM. lightest 100mm ISIS DISC 32H seems the swiss from Einradshop.ch (but cannot find reviews anywhere). I bought the Nimbus disc and the wheel is however great

I'm not really good at uni, but I'm an "n+1" guy... so I started with a cheap 20", than a fat Hunirex, than a 29", than a g27,5 and now a 36er. Today finally I did the first test... 137 moment cranks (every other uni use 125mm cranks) and this is by far my ultimate choice uni. Only one con: carbon rim is really stiff when gravel/small rocks riding (but it could fly over anything)

Leave a comment:

• toutestbon
    replied
    Indeed, for the two ducks that you are, the combination of 32-holes nimbus ISIS 100mm hub (without disc) + KH spirit cranks seems to be more appropriate.
    Moreover, bouin bouin told me that nimbus 32-holes ISIS hub are now avaible at UDC. They're ready to sell complete wheels!

While I'm looking for the best performing unicycle (my legs are efficient and very flexible), that's why I prefer the 100mm disc hub + zero Q-factor cranks + lightweight pedal with a short axle (But yes, the price is an asymmetrical and weaker wheel).
    By the way, I mount a zero Q-factor VCX triple cranks 100/125/150mm and I wonder if later I might buy a pair of M4O triple cranks AGILE 117/138/159mm, I need to practice to know if these sizes fit me better.

In addition, I just ordered on ebay a pair of carbon pedals with a titanium axle (80g, I think it's the weight of one pedal). In my opinion it might be a bit fragile, but I needed a new pair of pedals, they weren't expensive (50€) and their color (black and red) matched with my unicycle.
    Last edited by toutestbon; 2020-03-09, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lightbulbjim
    replied
    Originally posted by bouin-bouin View Post

I don’t like 0 a-factor, my duck feet touch the cranks
    Heh, I’m in the same boat as you. So I use Spirit cranks, which means I may as well use an outboard brake. And then I get to use a symmetric hub, so a nice strong wheel. Win win!

Leave a comment:

• bouin-bouin
    replied
    Originally posted by toutestbon View Post

OK! My wheel is certainly weaker than yours, but the q-factor of mine is smaller. You can't have it all.
    I don’t like 0 a-factor, my duck feet touch the cranks

Leave a comment:

• toutestbon
    replied
    I don’t like 100mm hub with disc on a 36“ especially with a 32H rim
    OK! My wheel is certainly weaker than yours, but the q-factor of mine is smaller. You can't have it all.

Leave a comment:

• bouin-bouin
    replied
    I don’t like 100mm hub with disc on a 36“ especially with a 32H rim

Leave a comment:

• lightbulbjim
    replied
    Originally posted by toutestbon View Post
    Hello!

A short review from France.
    One week ago, I built the wheel with a nimbus 32-hole ISIS disc 100mm hub and 367mm spokes. Except some spoke head stucked in the rim, there was no problem. I think these 367mm spokes are a little bit too long on the disc side (maybe 2mm). I will check if I need to disassemble the wheel.
    I also think that this rim has a direction of rotation, because the reliefs of the rim near the holes are asymmetrical. And of course I think I've done it backwards. That's why, I could disasemble the wheel to rebuilt it in the rigth side.

My first impressions are really good. Yesterday, I did a 40km ride with some climbs, it was really easy.

The complete unicycle is under 6kg, you can view pictures and speficiations here.
    Nice wheel! Sounds like a good setup.

Leave a comment:

• toutestbon
    replied
    Hello!

A short review from France.
    One week ago, I built the wheel with a nimbus 32-hole ISIS disc 100mm hub and 367mm spokes. Except some spoke head stucked in the rim, there was no problem. I think these 367mm spokes are a little bit too long on the disc side (maybe 2mm). I will check if I need to disassemble the wheel.
    I also think that this rim has a direction of rotation, because the reliefs of the rim near the holes are asymmetrical. And of course I think I've done it backwards. That's why, I could disasemble the wheel to rebuilt it in the rigth side.

My first impressions are really good. Yesterday, I did a 40km ride with some climbs, it was really easy.

The complete unicycle is under 6kg, you can view pictures and speficiations here.

Leave a comment:

• bouin-bouin
    replied
    Originally posted by Vogelfrei80 View Post

Bouin I cannot PM. Can you reply to me on FB
    Yes,
    Didier R....

Leave a comment:

• Vogelfrei80
    replied

33.5mm external (Stealth2 is 42 / Stealth1 was 38)
    28 (only) internal

and 32H (= spokes) only
    Bouin I cannot PM. Can you reply to me on FB

Leave a comment:

• bouin-bouin
    replied
    Originally posted by Piece Maker View Post
    Huh, interesting. Does this mean it's possibly slightly heavier than the OG version Terry and others have?
    Only 1 version produced : arround 625g

Leave a comment:

• Piece Maker
    replied
    This version of the Braus rim has been reinforced for the Unicycle world. Extra layers of carbon fibre added in critical areas to make it super rigid.
    Huh, interesting. Does this mean it's possibly slightly heavier than the OG version Terry and others have?

Leave a comment:

• lightbulbjim
    replied
    Originally posted by UniMyra View Post
    Not cheap.
    Indeed. It's still tempting. Except that I already have a perfectly good 36er

Leave a comment:

Working...
X