Group for Women -- even "older" women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Setonix View Post
    There is also a 40+ unicyclist facebook group.
    some people like me would rather go in hell than having a facebook account (old story about the way the thing is -badly- implemented )
    so I tried to create a "mature" unicyclists group ("Old Geezers On One Wheel") here but failed miserably (don't know why)
    though I would like to create a group "opened" to others, we ("old geezers") have specific problems (ok some are gender-specific but we are not going to talk about that )
    One Wheel : bear necessity
    (Abuello RodoMancat)

Comment

Lol
      For the most part, if you want to be cool, you might want to avoid unicycles. But if you want to ride unicycles, you're into a different kind of cool. We are not sheep! (Foss, 2017, p. 93)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbling bear View Post
        so I tried to create a "mature" unicyclists group ("Old Geezers On One Wheel") here but failed miserably (don't know why)
        Most older women would not describe themselves as geezers.
        ---
        Heidi

Once you know how, you never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by HiMo View Post
          Most older women would not describe themselves as geezers.
          sorry not a native speaker what is correct "Geezeress"?
          is there a word that encompasses both gender?
          One Wheel : bear necessity
          (Abuello RodoMancat)

Comment

sorry not a native speaker
            I suppose we all are native speakers, but not neccessarily in English!

Med venlig hilsen (best regards),
            Sanne

Comment

sorry not a native speaker what is correct "Geezeress"?
              is there a word that encompasses both gender?
              Women on unicycles are also geezers. They just don't know it yet or refuse to accept it

Comment

Originally posted by Setonix View Post
                Women on unicycles are also geezers. They just don't know it yet or refuse to accept it
                Perhaps they are "geezhers"?
                Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by OneTrackMind View Post
                  Perhaps they are "geezhers"?
                  I like it!
                  A happy Sydneysider, will I go to the next Unicon?

Comment

Ladies, create a Women's group if you want. I can understand wanting to talk about some subjects without a bunch of men coming along and "not getting it".

I prefer the open forum, but I'm a dude, and I've been around this community since it was only an email mailing list.

My wife created a women's support group for non-riders after going to her first couple of uni conventions, called the Unicycle Widows. The core group was just three, but they had these great Unicycle Widows polo shirts made, in pink, so they could sport their own look. Jacquie Dillard-Foss, Patti Hughes (mom of Jack Hughes) and Amy Drummond. Fun times!

Photo: Amy Drummond and one of the Arnold girls, supporting Jacquie at the CN Tower in Toronto. That was the "National Unicycle Convention", 2001
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by johnfoss; 2019-11-01, 04:41 AM.
                    John Foss
                    www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Working...
                    X