• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MuniAddict
    replied
    Originally posted by OneTrackMind View Post
    What about this pump?
    About $30 Less on Amazon and free shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Vogelfrei80
    replied
    Originally posted by pierrox View Post
    That's an interesting concept. But having looked at their video, I doubt it will fit into a seat post. It looks big in the hand of the user - and they clearly chose small hands for the demo.
    I'm dismissing the idea of using the inside of the seatpost. This weekend I broke the seatpost and bought a new one made for bikes (I used a brake rail adpter). No more hole to use till next seatpost (and next handmade saddle cover which I didn't seam)

Leave a comment:

• pierrox
    replied
    That's an interesting concept. But having looked at their video, I doubt it will fit into a seat post. It looks big in the hand of the user - and they clearly chose small hands for the demo.

Leave a comment:

• JimT
    replied
    Originally posted by Vogelfrei80 View Post
    It could be a good idea! I just cannot find any review. Also there's no news page on their website or any kind of link to a specilistic site's review... so I won't ever spend any money on that pump
    There are several different brands of these handheld Mini Air Inflators available and a few hundred ratings from owners can be found on Amazon. Do a Google search for "Mini Air Inflator" to find them. In general they seem to be highly rated.

The Chicholic Portable Air Compressor Mini Air Inflator Electric Hand Held Tire Pump seems to be the most popular. I've never used one.

Leave a comment:

• Vogelfrei80
    replied
    It could be a good idea! I just cannot find any review. Also there's no news page on their website or any kind of link to a specilistic site's review... so I won't ever spend any money on that pump

Leave a comment:

• OneTrackMind
    replied
    What about this pump?

Leave a comment:

• finnspin
    replied
    However... I was looking for tests or other ideas to hide tools inside my seatpost... if anyone will help me that way I'll be more pleased than to receive help to find the slimmest mini pump able to inflate a 3" tire with just few strokes (it simply doesn't exist)
    For your specific (and as I said, I think legitimate with the knowledge of your diabetes) requirements, I guess CO2 is the only real option. I personally would maybe look at a combined pump/co2 head https://eu.crankbrothers.com/collect...ts/klic-hv-co2 or similar. The last time someone who I was riding with used co2, I saw all the downsides: you can only inflate once, and he ran low on pressure again later (burped air with a tubeless setup).

Seatpost is hard since it's really slim. I haven't seen any good ones yet. (Some people put tire levers there, but I don't really think that's worth it. My idea has recently been a really small bag under the saddle, attaching to the bolts of the back bumper, and the back of the seatpost. I don't think one would notice it there while riding. For either patches and a set of allen keys, or a small first aid kit. There are some similar to what I'm thinking of made for bikes, and I think some of them could be adapted pretty easily.

Since I now have a dedicated backpack for riding that has a toolkit and first aid kitpermanently in it, I haven't really been looking for a suitable model much anymore, but that's where my head goes.

Leave a comment:

• Vogelfrei80
    replied
    Originally posted by finnspin View Post
    I'll add that to the list of valid reasons to use CO2 cartridges. Everyone who doesn't literally die from exhaustion won't be excused by me, even though my opinions shouldn't always be taken too seriously anyway.
    You are right and your opinion is seriuos. I've also considerer something like Airshot or Rideair or Schwalbe Air Booster... but they are too big and I just need a bit of pressure, not a new inflated tire.

However... I was looking for tests or other ideas to hide tools inside my seatpost... if anyone will help me that way I'll be more pleased than to receive help to find the slimmest mini pump able to inflate a 3" tire with just few strokes (it simply doesn't exist)

Leave a comment:

• finnspin
    replied
    you are right I'm in need to avoid unplanned muscle exercises: I am diabetic.
    I'll add that to the list of valid reasons to use CO2 cartridges. Everyone who doesn't literally die from exhaustion won't be excused by me, even though my opinions shouldn't always be taken too seriously anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Garp
    replied
    Call me old fashioned, but it seems absolutely insane to me that using a disposable cartridge to inflate a tire is an acceptable thing. It's stupid, easily avoidable waste, for what?

-Saving 2 minutes?
    -less than 100g of weight saving?
    -Saving effort from your muscles while you are out doing exercise?
    you are right I'm in need to avoid unplanned muscle exercises: I am diabetic.
    ... for those who can't scroll up

Leave a comment:

• leo
    replied
    Call me old fashioned, but it seems absolutely insane to me that using a disposable cartridge to inflate a tire is an acceptable thing. It's stupid, easily avoidable waste, for what?
    I've have them for years - but never ever used a single one.
    I put them in my luggage, when I go to performances, together with a new innertube and tools to replace one. Just to travel minimalistic.
    When I bought it it was much cheaper than a decent Zeval micropump which truly can do high-pressure, so then decided to have this.
    And the waste... is recyclable. Just like cans for worms, soda, beer, veggies, etc.
    I don't feel guilty towards the planet or my wallet yet. But feel annoyance when I see the waste where it doesn't belong.

Leave a comment:

• Richard C
    replied
    Originally posted by pierrox View Post
    Totally agree. In a time of climate change and waste control and over consumption, it's walking on our head to think it's ok to do that. An air pump is a few grams in the bag and it won't create more unnecessary waste.
    On my road bike, I often see empty cartridges by the road side, which makes me furious. If you use the cartridges, you still need to carry the adaptor, so you might as well carry a mini-pump. And what do you do if you get 2 flat tires? It's happened to me. The 2 situations where cartridges might be justified are: 1) long distance unsupported race, where you must minimise time to repair and be sure of full inflation, and 2) physical disability of some sort. But don't dump the empty cartridges!

Leave a comment:

• pierrox
    replied
    Totally agree. In a time of climate change and waste control and over consumption, it's walking on our head to think it's ok to do that. An air pump is a few grams in the bag and it won't create more unnecessary waste.

Leave a comment:

• Vogelfrei80
    replied
    Maybe I should leave this, but anyway..

-Saving 2 minutes?
    -less than 100g of weight saving?
    -Saving effort from your muscles while you are out doing exercise?

As I said, for setups that require them (tubeless to pop them back on, or high pressure road bikes). But none of the reasons I mentioned above are valid in my point of view.
    you are right I'm in need to avoid unplanned muscle exercises: I am diabetic. The time I ride in the sand I did expend too much energy during my ride back at the campimg and I ran out of blood sugar almost completely before arriving at the tent... I was lucky because I did manage to ride the last kms, but I had a really bad caring experience.
    Now I ride always with my phone, I use always sealant and I prefer to avoid any unplanned fatiguing activity. And I ride as usual full with sugar added water/juice

Also I like the idea to experiment

But I understand your point of view. Maybe others could try to use a mini pump in the seatpost, but a minipump will require 300 strokes for a 3" tire... Too much for me at the end of a day ride
    Last edited by Vogelfrei80; 2019-10-03, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrfixit
    replied
    The only thing he may waste is his money. All of us do it. Everything else is recyclable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X