27.2 seatpost and inner Co2 cartrige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vogelfrei80 View Post
    However... I was looking for tests or other ideas to hide tools inside my seatpost... if anyone will help me that way I'll be more pleased than to receive help to find the slimmest mini pump able to inflate a 3" tire with just few strokes (it simply doesn't exist)
    For your specific (and as I said, I think legitimate with the knowledge of your diabetes) requirements, I guess CO2 is the only real option. I personally would maybe look at a combined pump/co2 head https://eu.crankbrothers.com/collect...ts/klic-hv-co2 or similar. The last time someone who I was riding with used co2, I saw all the downsides: you can only inflate once, and he ran low on pressure again later (burped air with a tubeless setup).

Seatpost is hard since it's really slim. I haven't seen any good ones yet. (Some people put tire levers there, but I don't really think that's worth it. My idea has recently been a really small bag under the saddle, attaching to the bolts of the back bumper, and the back of the seatpost. I don't think one would notice it there while riding. For either patches and a set of allen keys, or a small first aid kit. There are some similar to what I'm thinking of made for bikes, and I think some of them could be adapted pretty easily.

Since I now have a dedicated backpack for riding that has a toolkit and first aid kitpermanently in it, I haven't really been looking for a suitable model much anymore, but that's where my head goes.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams.

Comment

What about this pump?
      Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

Comment

It could be a good idea! I just cannot find any review. Also there's no news page on their website or any kind of link to a specilistic site's review... so I won't ever spend any money on that pump

Comment

Originally posted by Vogelfrei80 View Post
          It could be a good idea! I just cannot find any review. Also there's no news page on their website or any kind of link to a specilistic site's review... so I won't ever spend any money on that pump
          There are several different brands of these handheld Mini Air Inflators available and a few hundred ratings from owners can be found on Amazon. Do a Google search for "Mini Air Inflator" to find them. In general they seem to be highly rated.

The Chicholic Portable Air Compressor Mini Air Inflator Electric Hand Held Tire Pump seems to be the most popular. I've never used one.

Comment

That's an interesting concept. But having looked at their video, I doubt it will fit into a seat post. It looks big in the hand of the user - and they clearly chose small hands for the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by pierrox View Post
              That's an interesting concept. But having looked at their video, I doubt it will fit into a seat post. It looks big in the hand of the user - and they clearly chose small hands for the demo.
              I'm dismissing the idea of using the inside of the seatpost. This weekend I broke the seatpost and bought a new one made for bikes (I used a brake rail adpter). No more hole to use till next seatpost (and next handmade saddle cover which I didn't seam)

Comment

Originally posted by OneTrackMind View Post
                What about this pump?
                About $30 Less on Amazon and free shipping.
                Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                -Dani Buron

Website
                Videos
                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X