Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown Oslo unicyclist, UniMyra any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Oslo unicyclist, UniMyra any ideas?

https://goo.gl/maps/yfFtXobshzJ2

It could be this guy: https://www.terrengsykkel.no/nyheter...n-med-ett-hjul

Red helmet and 36'er. He lives near Sognsvann and he has a client in Groruddalen which he commutes to on his uni. I've ridden with him several times. He's not very active on social media, but I'll ask him.
    UniMyra's YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by UniMyra View Post
      It could be this guy: https://www.terrengsykkel.no/nyheter...n-med-ett-hjul

Red helmet and 36'er. He lives near Sognsvann and he has a client in Groruddalen which he commutes to on his uni. I've ridden with him several times. He's not very active on social media, but I'll ask him.
      No, not him.

Comment

Interesting. Oh well, still it's nice that there are more unicyclists in Oslo anyway.

Comment

How unicycle-friendly is Oslo btw?

Comment

Comment

https://www.naf.no/tips-og-rad/i-tra...sykle-overalt/

Comment

There are very few unicyclists in the Oslo area that I know of. Maybe I could gather a group of 3-5 riders (which has never happened). Ruari pretty much covered unicycling i central Oslo. Oslo is not a big cycling city as Ruari said, but the city council wants it to be, and their totally unrealistic goal is that 25 percent of all travels is done by bicycles by 2025. As a consequence, the city keeps all bicycle paths clear of snow all winter, so unicycling is possible all year around. Unlike Ruari, I never commute by unicycle. I try to ride as much as possible in the woods on fire roads (36'er) or single tracks (26'er). I have such great muni terrain close to home (just outside of Oslo), so I haven't really explored other muni possibilities around Oslo much (but I plan to). Oslo is pretty much surrounded by a forrest, which you can get to by public transportation in 30 minutes.

Comment

I feel like there are more unicyclists out here in Norway, hidden away, doing their own unicycle thing. One of my colleagues said this to me today,

Saw someone unicycling along Mossveien/E18 over the weekend, looked like a pretty serious setup

Comment

Originally posted by ruari View Post
                    I feel like there are more unicyclists out here in Norway, hidden away, doing their own unicycle thing. One of my colleagues said this to me today,
                    No, that was me.

I did however see a unicyclist in the city (by the Barcode) a week or to ago. Shiny thing. Looked like a 29'er.

Comment

Comment

Nice!

And welcome to the forums

Comment

I was at the “Norsk Teknisk Museum” (Norwegian Museum of Science and Technology) with family on the weekend and on the lower level there is an area with lots of different devices for the kids to interact with. One of which is a circular table with toy cars underneath a plastic cover. Around the circle are four sets of cranks. The idea is for kids to turn the cranks (by hand), which moves the cars, allowing them to race. As I am staring at this thing, it suddenly occurs to me that the cranks look like unicycle cranks. So I get a little closer and look on the inside of one of the cranks and sure enough it says “QU-AX”.

Using unicycle cranks makes sense given that unicycle cranks are mirrored (unlike typical bike cranks). Though I still I wonder how they thought to use these? Perhaps there is another Norwegian unicyclist working at the museum.
                          Last edited by ruari; 2019-03-25, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X