Dynamo hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamo hub

Now that the days in the northern hemisphere are getting shorter, Im looking for a dynamo hub for my unicycle. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Oldest kid in town - neighbour

Just get a rechargeable light. High performance LEDs and Lithium Ion batteries work so well together.
    Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

Comment

How should that work? In contrast to bike hubs, on a unicycle hub there is not one single part that is not rotating. A dynamo needs relative motion and in a unicycle hub, there is none.
      Last edited by Eric aus Chemnitz; 2018-10-24, 01:15 PM.
      Einradfahren in Sachsen:
      einradsachsen.com
      f/EinradSachsen
      07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

If you really feel the need to overcomplicate things, it should be possible to make a spoke dynamo work (likely with some modification):

But if you want to do the reasonable thing, just get some good rechargeable LED lights (I'd recommend a headlamp, since sometimes your upper body turns before the unicycle follows). They last a long time now, and charge with a USB cable. I would never use battery lights on my commuter bicycle, but on a unicycle, it's the smartest solution.
        In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams.

Comment

One like this with magnets on the spokes would be pretty easy to set up on a uni:
          http://freelights.co.uk/index.html

Comment

dynamo hub

It was likely meant as a conundrum (thank you surly for introducing this word into my english vocabulary), aware that there is not such a niche product in such a niche market.
            @ Eric aren`t the bearings the part, which are between moving and non moving parts?
            @ finnspinn I like my fatbike commuter on forest roads with a dynamo light on the frame and a helmet (battery) light, but I don`t like to be dependent on batterys and accus alone.
            Regards Georg

Comment

Originally posted by fetzenschorsch View Post
              It was likely meant as a conundrum (thank you surly for introducing this word into my english vocabulary), aware that there is not such a niche product in such a niche market.
              Likely? So you are not sure what it was meant to be yourself?
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams.

Comment

Dynamo Humm!

Maybe an old middle of tire, under the kickstand type might work for you. It has done well for me, but a rechargeable light from ebay would work much better. I mount mine on my helmet which far surpasses the brightness and visibility of a dynamo.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by finnspin View Post
                  Likely? So you are not sure what it was meant to be yourself?
                  Sorry mixed up the words, I meant "in fact". Sometimes it`s hard not to write in your mother language.

Comment

Working...
                  X