Narrow winter tyre on 24" Muni rim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narrow winter tyre on 24" Muni rim?

Would a 47-507 tyre fit on Nimbus Dominator 2, 24" x 42mm rim? I'd like to get a studded winter tyre for a Nimbus MUni 24", and the Schwalbe Marathon Winter 47-507 seems to be the most available 24" option where I live.

It will fit, but won't be ideal.

You will have to run quite high pressure to avoid pinch-flats or sidewall damage. I have no idea what your winter conditions are like but you might be better off DIY studding a wider tire with a good cold weather rubber compound.

Running a pizza cutter wheel in the winter can be a ton of fun in the right conditions. It's a nightmare in others.
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Thank you for your heads-up about the pressure! As far as I understand, with high pressure these tyres will mostly ride on the center, where there are no studs. That's a feature to adapt the tyres for ice free days. I might go for a DIY solution as you suggested.

Comment

Working...
      X