Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weirdest and Strange unicycle freakshow - Who gives more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdest and Strange unicycle freakshow - Who gives more?

Among all the unicycles I,ve seen this one is one of the weirdest and coolest unicycle:

The Jack Halpern's amazing 150!

NOTE: You can find this an many more crazy unicycles at the invaluable Jhon Fossīs Garage Page, under multi wheel.

http://www.unicycling.com/garage

What other unicycles have impressed you?

Thanks for sharing!!!

Pepe

PS: I recall one with a bowling ball in it...
    www.monociclos.com Unicycle related stuff in Spanish

I would like to make a list of strange unis so if im missing one just post it!!

Lets continue....

Crabcycle!!

More info: http://sillycycle.com/crab.html

Comment

Originally posted by monociclos View Post
      Among all the unicycles I,ve seen this one is one of the weirdest and coolest unicycle:

The Jack Halpern's amazing 150!

Yup, that's a great one. Surprisingly, it was not super-hard to ride! Prerequisite: You had to be a competent rider of a 2-wheel-stack unicycle first. It actually rode pretty smoth (especially during the coasting moments, of course).
      Originally posted by monociclos View Post

Crabcycle!!
      Like a 2-wheel-stack unicycle, it requires some re-thinking of your reflexes. I did not get the opportunity to try the Crabcycle, but I did see it in person before it was delivered to its owner. I imaging the learning process to start similarly to that of riding the 2-wheeler; try to shut your reflexes off, and get your brain to think a different way. Like a reverse-steering bicycle.

Not a bowling ball but similar:
      This unicycle was available for people to try at Unicon XVI in Italy. Beautiflly made of mostly wood, the spherical wheel rode strangely, but not nearly as strange as the two unis above. I didn't get the name of the maker, but the lable on it says "Drechslerei Klaus Reef, Tel. 0 21 59/501 17".
      Attached Files
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Super-fat hot rod wheel uni:
        Probably best if you're already bow-legged.
        Attached Files
        John Foss
        www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

From China:
          I don't know much about this one, including how the drivetrain works. But it sure looks interesting! I can imagine acrobats diving through that wheel as the guy rides by...
          Attached Files
          John Foss
          www.unicycling.com

Comment

Extremely eccentric Kangaroo!
            I think these pictures were posted here on these forums long ago. I've ridden something with a much less extreme offset; this one must have been really odd to ride, and a pretty good quad workout!
            Attached Files
            John Foss
            www.unicycling.com

Comment

Landsurfing Uni?
              I'm not a Landsurfing expert, but wouldn't you want to be able to switch the sail from one side to the other? I don't know anything about this thing, including where I got the picture. Also including whether it was functional, which I have my doubts about. It seems like the wind would always cause it to rotate around the contact patch of the wheel. Does it need something to hold it in a straight line that's different from the direction of the wind?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by johnfoss; 2018-09-24, 06:36 AM.
              John Foss
              www.unicycling.com

Comment

Mono Wheel?
                I've seen online videos of this thing in motion. It doesn't move very fast, but it does work1 Not sure how steerable it is...
                Attached Files
                John Foss
                www.unicycling.com

Comment

Cool stuff John, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Leo V's Pizza-Cutter Uni!
                    This is probably the most appropriate unicycle to have in the kitchen. I don't know if Leo ever successfully addressed the inherent traction problem, but the unicycle is beautifully made, and makes for a very fun performance!

The wheel is approximately 1/8" thick steel disk, chromed. In its original form, when I saw it in 1999, the wheel's surface was just smooth & shiny, which looked great but didn't grip the pizza well. Difficult enough to ride on any surface with such a tiny contact point, when it encountered the outside edge of the pizza it didn't have enough traction to cut into it.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by johnfoss; 2018-09-24, 06:23 AM.
                    John Foss
                    www.unicycling.com

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                      I didn't get the name of the maker, but the lable on it says "Drechslerei Klaus Reef, Tel. 0 21 59/501 17".
                      Klaus Reef is User Holzwurm (german for woodworm)
                      Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                      einradsachsen.com
                      f/EinradSachsen
                      07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

I saw a video recently where the frame was built like a scissor jack. Pedalling slowly extended the frame up to a giraffe height as it was ridden.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find it again.
                        Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

Comment

Extremely eccentric Kangaroo!
                          I think these pictures were posted here on these forums long ago. I've ridden something with a much less extreme offset; this one must have been really odd to ride, and a pretty good quad workout!
                          I know this guy and I had the chance to ride it a couple of times, this is the crazy unicyclist at the European Juggling Conventions, he is also known for his endless spinning plattform

The incledible fact about this uni is that you can idle not just with the pedals down but also.... idle with the pedals UP!!, just Crazy!!!!

Thanks Jhon for sharing!

Comment

Mono Wheel?
                            I've seen online videos of this thing in motion. It doesn't move very fast, but it does work1 Not sure how steerable it is...
                            Iīve seen it on video, at a burningman footage, the plans were also somewere... It has a gyroscope inside and making torke it turns!

Comment

Mono Wheel?

More info: http://www.theriotwheel.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X