Any advise for first mountain uni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The

The part I ride was easy with almost flat land to freemount.

The saddle was lower than normal.

The uni "decided" to roll over a lot of possibile small rocky stops as I keep slowly standing on pedals and go on pushing whatever could happen.

Today I ride successfully for my fist time the steep downroad to my garage. I thought what I did during the mountain experience and everything went ok

Comment

What an adventure! Yes, I guess it helps to know a trail beforehand, so you don't bring the uni where you'll have to just carry it.

Wow, the exploded shoes! I gather those were not made for hiking. Or being outdoors...
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Those were old good shoes... the soles became hard and lost all elasticity during 10 years of stop. First steps on the rocks made the hard sole disconnect from the rest of the shoe

Comment

What a beautiful place! Too bad the trail wound up being too hard for you, but as long as you keep pushing yourself you'll make progress quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by tholub View Post
            What a beautiful place! Too bad the trail wound up being too hard for you, but as long as you keep pushing yourself you'll make progress quickly.
            I think the same. In these days I find the bravery to try stairs: 20% went ok on a 5 steps stair; 0% of success on a 10 steps stair... however I did try, which is a great success!

Comment

Originally posted by Vogelfrei80 View Post
              I think the same. In these days I find the bravery to try stairs: 20% went ok on a 5 steps stair; 0% of success on a 10 steps stair... however I did try, which is a great success!
              Practicing stairs is also going to help your still stands, which is going to help your mountain unicycling on steep ascents when you slow down to a standstill.

Comment

Working...
              X