Foss 36 inch inner tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foss 36 inch inner tube

Hi, I have a nimbus oracle 36er. Every couple of months the tyre goes slightly flat. I have just taken tube out, can't find an air leak anywhere???
    I have just tried to put a brand new, standard black rubber tube in, bought from unicycle.com but the valve stem does not fit through rim. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Many thanks for any feedback 😁

The Foss tube is far nicer to ride than a standard rubber tube, but it does let air through over a period of time. You just need to top it up from time to time.
    My first novel, Bridge of Otherwhere, Michael Wilkinson, on Kindle. A tale of subtle magic, mystery, friendship and love. Tinyurl.com/Bridge-of-Otherwhere For US$ page: TinyURL.com/OtherwhereBridge

Comment

Yep, foss tubes need filling more often than rubber ones. It's an annoyance but then the weight difference between the 2 types in a 36er is distinctly noticeable while riding...

Comment

Hello there, my 36" foss tubes leaked from the very beginning.

It tooks me several attempts to find the problem, it was a leak where the valve stem is inserted in the tube..

My 2 cents is to use a 29 standard tube, same weight as the Foss, zero maintenaince, zero problem, zero leaks.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Experienced the same thing. Just recently switched, noticed I was having a harder time with a known ride. Didn't think anything of it. Next time I noticed how low I was and remembered having heard about foss tubes having a slow leak. Filled it back up and everything was back to normal.

Comment

Working...
            X