Nightrider tyre rotation direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightrider tyre rotation direction

Which way is best for a Nightrider tyre to rotate? I can't see any indication on it.

The tyre has curved tread grooves. Should they curve convex side forward or backward when looking at the tyre from the top?
    Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

The round way. If you rotate it the flat way it's like riding over HUUUGE bumps!

Sorry. I hadn't noticed it wasn't direction-neutral. You would probably be hard-pressed to be able to detect a difference in non-motorized use.
    John Foss
    www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

I had the same question and always fit it as received (same for both 32 and 36 versions) :
      Attached Files
      Last edited by bouin-bouin; 2017-05-17, 12:17 PM.
      http://monocycle.info
      http://www.leblogdumonocycle.fr/
      CITY XTP 26", MUNI KH26" & KH29", ROAD Oracle 32" and KH36"
      my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bouin-bouin View Post
        I had the same question and always fit it as received (same for both 32 and 36 versions) :
        Thanks. That was the way my instinct suggested.

There used to be a tradition to indicate rotation direction with the branding on the right side. Looking at my unis, the Maxxis Ardent conforms. The Maxxis Torch and DTH and the Nimbus Nightrider have it on both sides.

The OBR Gekok goes against tradition with the branding on the left but it does have a rotation arrow to make it clear.
        Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

Comment

I've mounted the nightrider tire in both directions and could not feel any difference.
          Last edited by MuniAddict; 2017-05-17, 03:34 PM.
          Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
          Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
          -Dani Buron

Website
          Videos
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X