No announcement yet.

CushCore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how much the dampening would adversely affect hopping.
    I think I'd prefer a version with flubber in it.

--> Grease for your Schlumpf hub (free shipping!) <--

Comment

One gets the impression that these systems would also make it a lot harder to get pinch flats? Or is that already mostly solved by going tubeless? I have no experience with tubeless.
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
        One gets the impression that these systems would also make it a lot harder to get pinch flats? Or is that already mostly solved by going tubeless? I have no experience with tubeless.
        There is a nice diagram at 1:47
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkBV6JKuG1I&t=1m47s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkBV6JKuG1I&t=1m47s[/ame]
        Einradfahren in Sachsen:
        einradsachsen.com
        f/EinradSachsen
        07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

Originally posted by Eric aus Chemnitz View Post
          I've seen a few write-ups question the accuracy of that table, mainly that procore does help with pinch-flats and stability.

There are also quite a few more brands available, tire inserts are not a new concept.

The best comment I've read: "It's just expensive hay".

Comment

Originally posted by Vital Wombat View Post
            The best comment I've read: "It's just expensive hay".
            Time will tell. Diffusion of Innovation theory describes a spectrum of adoption from early to mid to late adopters. It has to do with stable personality traits, particularly Openness to Experience (the early adopters) vs. Need for Cognitive Closure (the late adopters). Remember how much resistance there was to 29ers in MTB? And the rabid core of early adopters to 29ers? Neither was completely justified. They were expressing their stable dispositions, yet 29ers are here to stay. I imagine we'll all be using tire inserts of some sort in time. Along the way there will be some crappy products introduced and some really useful ones. The cream will come to the top in time. But I could be wrong. No sense in settling the outcome before its time. Patience grasshopper.

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post

Comment

Originally posted by kunstrasen View Post
                Commonly called burping. And you could still damage your rim on hard impacts.
                Both things will not happen with a highly inflated (4 -6 bar) inner tire. That has been tested by several bike magazine tests.

With a foam inside: No idea. Their marketing of course says it works. Is there some testing done by someone outside cushcore?
                Cushcore would seem to do the same (at least) as Procore if the air pressure in the tire is compressing the foam insert against the rim, bead, and bottom sidewalls. If air pressure gets between the foam insert and the rim then all bets are off. I suppose it would require that the foam be sealed against the sidewalls to prevent air from burping into the space under the insert (between the insert and the rim).

I agree that independent verification would be nice. But I would be happy enough if the downhill mtb crowd embraced it. There will also be early adopters on this forum who will have plenty of anecdotes to go by. Unicycling does not appeal to the late adopter peeps.

Comment

Working...
                X