X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foot Rest

Never tried it, but maybe something like this:
    https://goo.gl/images/YGhE4e
    I think it would fold up out of the way when not in use.

Comment

For giraffe idling, we used to just put the non-pedaling foot on the side of the frame. Turn your foot so your shoe bottom is flat against the seat tube (your body will figure out the most comfortable-ish position). That's good for learning, but if you are doing it for an audience, better to have that foot sticking out, which makes the trick look harder. Then if you get really good, stack a bunch of cups or bowls on your foot, and kick them up onto your head. That's a "traditional" act done in Chinese acrobatic shows.
      Attached Files
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
        For giraffe idling, we used to just put the non-pedaling foot on the side of the frame. Turn your foot so your shoe bottom is flat against the seat tube (your body will figure out the most comfortable-ish position). That's good for learning, but if you are doing it for an audience, better to have that foot sticking out, which makes the trick look harder.
        Thanks - don't need to make it any harder than it is already! I'd tried putting the shoe sole against the seat tube and that seemed to be OK, but not all that secure, hence the thoughts of grip tape - so I might just try that.
        Unicycling: great for your thighs.

Comment

Working...
        X