32h hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32h hub

Will a Nimbus ISIS 32h hub fit in a Nimbus Oracle frame? Thinking of building a 29" wheel that I can then swap out if I don't want the fatty.

Thanks

Mike

You need to get the right size hub. Since you mention swapping out the fatty, I assume you mean the hatchet, which has a 125mm hub. The hatchet and oracle 36er frames fit a 125mm hub. All other oracle frames fit a 100 mm hub.

the 32 hole hub works just fine : ) Either way, you're using 42x12x22mm bearings, which are pretty standard for ISIS now (exception being impact) Just be sure to get the spacing between them right.
    Steel is real! => I ride a Nimbus!

Comment

Thanks. I have a Oracle 26"x3.8 fat wheel in it and wanted to build a thinner 29" wheel. However you have answerd my question. The 100mm will fit it and if I upgrade frame to a Hatchet it will fit as well.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Hydev View Post
        Thanks. I have a Oracle 26"x3.8 fat wheel in it and wanted to build a thinner 29" wheel. However you have answerd my question. The 100mm will fit it and if I upgrade frame to a Hatchet it will fit as well.

Cheers!
        Careful !

Oregon/Hatchet => 125mm hub & 26x3.8/4.0 wheels

Others frames (Oracle/KH/QX/...) => 100mm hub & 26x3.0 or smaller wheels
        => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
        => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

Oh, ah, ok, thats not going to work then.

Hmm..maybe a Mad4One frame (http://unaruota.com/ZC/index.php?mai...roducts_id=727 then? I can fit up to 3.8" tyres and it uses 100mm hubs. :-)

M

Comment

Originally posted by Hydev View Post
            Oh, ah, ok, thats not going to work then.
            If you current fatty is an Oregon or a Hatchet, you just need a 125mm hub to build a 29" wheel and swap them.

The only requirement is that your new wheel should use the same hub width as your current one if you are planning to use the same frame.
            => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
            => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

Thanks for that - I'm getting there..

Comment

Working...
              X